May 03, 2024, 12:13:53 PM

Author Topic: Turn the page...  (Read 4790 times)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
Turn the page...
« on: December 04, 2015, 04:22:34 PM »
Hello everyone,

As most of you may know, I've been the Vice President of Business Development at Arcane Wonders since March of 2013.  I am posting today to let you know I have resigned that position and am pursuing another opportunity inside the industry.

It is with a heavy heart that I type this note to you all.  I love Mage Wars.  Absolutely LOVE the game.  I came to Arcane Wonders with passion and purpose and I believe we have done great work together.  Yes, it has not always been just Mage Wars work, and the Dice Tower Essential line of games has taken off very well with the success of Sheriff, but at the core, I came to AW to support and grow Mage Wars.

While my new opportunity will be a positive one, and I am departing from AW in a positive fashion, I want everyone to know I still fully believe.  Not just in the game, but in the team as well.  I fully believe Academy will provide existing players new meta while bringing new players into the game.  I fully believe the new expansions I have seen the team work on are going to blow people's minds.  I also fully believe that the DTE line will grow even more, and very soon.

It has been a pleasure meeting so many of you over the last few years.  I have enjoyed getting to interact with everyone in our community, and while I have other options, I look forward to still being part of the community overall. I wish everyone the best and look forward to seeing more from the team soon at AW for all of us to enjoy!

Now... bring me that horizon :)

Scott "Tox" Morris

• Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Turn the page...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »
Scott and I have talked a lot about this lately. I just want to say publicly, what a privilege and honor it has been to work with Scott. He's an exceptional individual, and I wish him the best on his future endeavors. This industry is a brighter place because of him.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:56:43 PM »
Scott, my friend, you will be missed.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
I'll look into whatever you're doing next, just on the strength of their Jugement in poaching you :) I'm sure we'll see ya' round!
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 08:05:22 PM »
Wow with great sadness and a heavy heart, I bid you a fond farewell my friend! Keep in touch and lets get a game in on occasion at the Tavern!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »
Scott,

Best of luck with your new endeavor. The Mage Wars community will miss your marketing guidance.

Perhaps now you can take some time off in the summer and join us at WBC. :)

Tom
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 11:46:43 PM »
I will speak on this.

I spend a lot of my free time trying to make the world a better place. Almost every spare minute I have is spent trying to help others. One wacky idea after another gets tried as I drag my friends into my hair brained schemes to "do some good."

Scoot Morris is a good man and he helped me help others. His unwavering faith in me and what I've tried to do have been a source of inspiration. Obviously Mage Wars and Arcane Wonders have done well with their association with Scott the Vice President of Business Development, but my friends and I were privileged to get to meet Scott at Gen Con this year.

I want to thank Scott for all his hard work and the friendship he extended to total strangers. You will be missed man.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »
This will be probably my first post in which i will not use "smile" emotikon.

Mr. Morris,

you are a great man and i believe that any project you will be part of will bloom and rise to a new levels. I would like to thank you for everything you help me with. You were always there for an european ambasaddor from a small country. Thank you for believing in me.

If you ever travel to Prague in the future, let me know.

I wish you all the best in future and hope you will always enjoy what you will be working on!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Turn the page...
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »
I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said, except this. Mage Wars is my favorite game, and as far as I know it is the only truly affordable tabletop customizable strategy game in existence, where by affordable I mean that even someone who's relatively poor could play it sustainably even at a competitive level. I'm glad that you were here to make that possible. Thanks.

By the way, are you leaving the Mage Wars community entirely or just your position? I bet there's a lot of people who would love to play a game with you if you have any spare time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:35:59 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 09:28:45 AM »
We'll miss you.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
Good luck Scott with your future assignment!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »
Scott, you will do amazing things. Just know you always have friends in the Mage Wars community. A pleasure to have met you and I look forward to seeing what you accomplish in the future.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 01:10:48 PM »
Thank you so much everyone, your kind words mean a lot to me and I appreciate it!

This truly is a great set of friends and community.  Sailor, not leaving the community, just my position.  I'll keep playing Mage Wars for sure! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

sora

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 08:00:58 PM »
Scott i hope you enjoyed your new position. Even thou i am new in just getting into playing mage war. i just want you to that the best is yet to come. May the Lord bless you in your adventure.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:21:09 PM by sora »

Pelthar

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »
Scott-

It's been a pleasure working with you, though I wish certainly I could've worked longer with you at the booths and in the trenches, I am sure it will not be the last time we will work together.

I also see that I will definitely have to make a trip to Austin to throw down with you, but you also have to come up to DFW for more Nerd Night action!  I've got a spare room!  ;)

-Peter