May 03, 2024, 06:16:25 PM

Author Topic: Play Laddinfance at Origins and Gen Con!  (Read 13955 times)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
Play Laddinfance at Origins and Gen Con!
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
You heard me right!  Aaron himself, Laddinfance on the forums, is going to sit down and let you have you chance at defeating him, at his own game!

At Origins and Gen Con this year, we're going to offer some special events where you can sign up and play against Aaron in a game of Battlegrounds Domination!  Not only that, but those who can defeat him will get some special prizes!

Aaron is going to be taking time between now and the events, to put together 4 spellbooks built for Domination game play!  His mages will be one of the following: Forcemaster, Johktari Beastmaster, Druid, or the Anvil Throne Warlord!  At your match, one of them will be randomly selected, and then, it's up to you to beat Aaron with your own spellbook you bring to the game!

We're going to be using the "Path of War" map from the Domination rule book suggested layouts, pictured here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/db0uhsh93igksvy/Path%20of%20War.jpg?dl=0

As you can see, players will need to either destroy Aaron's mage, or gain 11 V'Tar to win the game!  Do you have what it takes to beat the designer? Can you make a spellbook that Dominates the Arena... and Aaron?

If so, get ready!  We'll be releasing the rule book for Domination shortly, and with it, you'll have a bevy of options to design you spellbook for the events. 

For Origins we will be taking signs up very soon, with both a primary slot and secondary slot (should the primary not make it on time) for both morning and afternoon games between Thursday and Saturday.  Stay tuned to details here on our Forums for when and how you can sign up.  Spots are limited, so be on the lookout!

For Gen Con, we have submitted events and once they are approved, will be available near middle of May for attendees to sign up!

We hope everyone likes this idea of a new event and looks forward to the challenge of taking down one of our own!

See you... in the Arena!

PS - all spellbooks, including Aaron's, will be made of tournament legal cards, and battlegrounds cards.  No worries on him whipping out that "Uber Paladin spell" or anything else "under development" :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:08:27 PM by Toxziq »
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
Re: Play Laddinfance at Origins and Gen Con!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:15:46 PM »
This is exciting! Good luck finding time to breathe Aaron.  :P
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:20:19 PM »

That assumes two important things. One, I'm somehow super popular and people actually recognize me. Two, I had time to breathe already. I know at least one of those things to be an utter falsehood. So, I'm actually looking forward to this quite a bit.

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 03:21:01 PM »
Well, that's why we have him scheduled for only one game in the morning and one game in the afternoon each day... unless that cloning machine arrives from Cardiff...
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »
Well, that's why we have him scheduled for only one game in the morning and one game in the afternoon each day... unless that cloning machine arrives from Cardiff...

You're the designer and there will be prizes for beating you. Even if you're not that popular, that might be more than enough incentive for a lot of people.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »

That's good, How will you determine who gets to play him if there's more than 6 challengers?

The shipping is way too expensive, just hire some interns... To build you cloning machine.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »
I sign up when you come to Europe.
(Sorry, had to say it...  ☺  )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 11:21:52 PM »
Btw I'm just throwing this out there:

I'll be at Gen Con this year and you better believe I'm coming for Laddinface  8)
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 01:16:51 AM »
Is betting legal in the country? My 3 mana on grizzly :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 10:35:52 AM »
Gamblings legal in some parts of the country. Mana is as of yet undecided on by the Indiana Gaming Committee so it should be fine to wager 8)
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »
How about a 2v2? Intangible and I vs Laddinfance and anyone he chooses :D
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
I was looking at the map, there are two symbols that I do not understand.  The first is in the upper center square, a flame like symbol, and the second looks like a slime or pond in the lower center.  I am assuming these are terrain of some sort.  But what is their function?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 02:48:22 PM »
I have posted my current spell book Laddinface. As the time of our inevitable conflict draws closer I eagerly look forward to a good enjoyable match with you sir. I seek to test myself against the creator. Shall my beasts be enough to conquer his ultimate power? Am I simply walking into a trap? We shall see....we shall see ;D

Win or lose I shall bring honor and glory to my home town.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 03:07:50 PM »
I was looking at the map, there are two symbols that I do not understand.  The first is in the upper center square, a flame like symbol, and the second looks like a slime or pond in the lower center.  I am assuming these are terrain of some sort.  But what is their function?

I'll preview some of these special tiles soon. :) Then you'll see whats up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »
Where do I need to register my spellbook for the challenge? And have the rules been posted yet?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.