May 12, 2024, 04:03:12 PM

Author Topic: MW2015 memory thread#1! -New spellbooks all over the place! How did this happen?  (Read 2027 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Gather round the virtual campfire and sing tales of old heroes, larger than lifeThis is a thread to discuss and brainstorm awesome experiences and ideas playing mage wars and how they change over time.

This thread's topic: the global metagame, standard format.

So to start us off, I've noticed that a while ago it seemed like the whole pre-battlegrounds global meta had been thoroughly explored, and then at some point earlier this year, without any new sets being introduced except for promo cards, new spellbooks came crawling out of the woodwork, and then at some point we seemed to have crossed a threshold, and it was possible to be really creative again! What happened?

I'm kind of curious about this. I have a few ideas, but I'm wondering what everyone else thinks. Thoughts?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.