May 03, 2024, 07:09:34 PM

Author Topic: Introduction & Male Druid Reccomendations page  (Read 9152 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction & Male Druid Reccomendations page
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 12:20:41 PM »
 If that was my opponent, I would probably just not use fire to kill.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 12:43:43 PM »
If that was my opponent, I would probably just not use fire to kill.
He uses fire to kill the opposing mage's objects AND to finish off his own wounded/damaged objects. He wants to wade around in ashes and cast mostly higher level stuff for the mana return.

Maybe creatures or objects that are on fire automatically scatter ashes when they die...
The general idea is that the fire druid burn everything in the arena to create from the burnt remains.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 12:59:26 PM »
The Phoenix:

Create
Burn
Rise from the ashes

Training: Nature  + Fire Lv1

The Phoenix can not put down vines (but a vine tree still could). Instead, he has the ash-ability. Whenever any creature/conjuration/equipment is destroyed by fire damage, place as many ash tokens as the destroyed levels card in the zone it was destroyed. A Phoenix can use ash tokens in his zone as mana when casting a spell.

The phoenix' creatures/conjurations destroyed by fire gain the cantrip trait.

I'm not sure, but i think the celtic world has only 3 elements: watter, earth and air.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »
A Phoenix seems a bit out of place for the Druid. I also thought you might go a different direction with the "ash" and make it a sort of fertilizer mechanic, as volcanic ash is some of the best soil around.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 09:40:56 AM »
I also thought you might go a different direction with the "ash" and make it a sort of fertilizer mechanic, as volcanic ash is some of the best soil around.
Maybe he can have an ability to heal creatures/living conjurations with ash or better (more thematic) give them a growth marker. I know it's counterintuitive, but I wanted to take the druid weakness (fire) and build something around that which would give him an indirect advantage.

He has to destroy by fire to be better enabled to create.

If there would be more low level plants, he could sprout a forest, burn it, sprout a new one...

If some of the new plants would be conjurations with a one-use ability (like corrosive orchid), it would be a matter of getting the ability off, start burning it and and let it smolder fighting. If the ash could be used as/converted to mana, the samara tree could become viable because the seedling pots could blossom before they were destroyed...

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 05:52:07 AM »
Guys. Guys.

We are ignoring one of the most basic druidic skills.

Shapeshifting.

Form of bear?

Form of snake?

Vines are cool and all, but if I can turn into a bear, I will have a new favorite mage, instantly.

If I'm just ballparking the ability card:

9c/120sbp/0a/34l

Trained in nature and level one arcane. Fire costs triple. Dark costs double (killing is a very touchy thing for druids to do. They are attuned with nature. Sacrificing to become more powerful doesn't seem very thematic to the dude)

Shapeshifter

Once per round, if a form enchantment is discarded from play, you may return it to your spellbook for 2 mana.

Nature Calling

Once per round, when you summon a level 1 animal, you may pay 1 mana to do one of the following:

Way of the Wolf: this creature gains a guard token.

Way of the Snake: this creature gains a plus 1 melee bonus.

Way of the bear: This creature gains a plus 1 armor bonus.

Attack bar:

Entangled 1 d 6+ stuck.

Just some ideas.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 06:40:30 AM »

Guys. Guys.

Shapeshifting.

Form of bear?

Form of snake?

Vines are cool and all, but if I can turn into a bear, I will have a new favorite mage, instantly.

If I'm just ballparking the ability card:

9c/120sbp/0a/34l

Trained in nature and level one arcane. Fire costs triple. Dark costs double (killing is a very touchy thing for druids to do. They are attuned with nature. Sacrificing to become more powerful doesn't seem very thematic to the dude)

Shapeshifter

Once per round, if a form enchantment is discarded from play, you may return it to your spellbook for 2 mana.

Nature Calling

Once per round, when you summon a level 1 animal, you may pay 1 mana to do one of the following:

Way of the Wolf: this creature gains a guard token.

Way of the Snake: this creature gains a plus 1 melee bonus.

Way of the bear: This creature gains a plus 1 armor bonus.

Attack bar:

Entangled 1 d 6+ stuck.

Just some ideas.

I came up with an idea for a shapeshifter Mage a long while back. The idea was that instead of summoning creatures separately, they are summoned attached to the Mage, giving her different forms. I originally thought of it as nature/mind, but now that I think of it, mind training might not be suited, water seems more like this kind of shapeshifter's school than mind.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13465

Which means it might be a good idea to take out the blink ability and replace it with something else.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:09 AM »
(killing is a very touchy thing for druids to do. They are attuned with nature. Sacrificing to become more powerful doesn't seem very thematic to the dude)

i think sacrifice was part of the druide's job: porcs, horses, human prisonners,...

isn't your druide more like a chaman?

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
and why not a mineral druid?

he could link with stones....
for example building cromlech through the arena to encrease his power!
This is interesting. How about a Druid trained in Nature and level 1 Earth instead of Water. Abilities might trigger around walls, altars and/or temples.
Problem is that such Druid won't bring tools for current Druid to use.
Alternate druid could either use Vines in different way, for example casting spells similar to Warlord's Battle Orders from them like giving target creature rooted. This would put Vine Tree in even more dominant position for tree of choice. Other option is to give him strategy that would use other trees better, for example healing/gaining life whenever You or your spawnpoint casts plant spell. This would put Samara Tree+Seedling Pods as dominant strategy for alternate druid, because casting Seedling Pod would trigger your ability twice.

Nature- and Earth-trained mage could be desert/insect mage coming from southern continent.
If You want mage focused on cromlech, walls, altars and/or temples I wouldn't limit his earth training to only first level.

Guys. Guys.

Shapeshifting.
I thought we're playing MW and not D&D. I'm not against shapeshifting mage, it's just that it wasn't only druids who were shapeshifting in celtic myths. Even St. Patrick could do it. It's common thing to do like witches turning people into frogs.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Xilos of the mana temple

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
I think that Arcane wonders will stick with the druid and vines. However, they will most likely remove the Treebond ability and replace it with something different. Also, a mana saving ability would fit perfect since the druid with 2 trees is extremely powerful and EXTREMELY efficient in mana.

Decomposition: Whenever a corporeal living creature is destroyed, place decomposition tokens in the zone equal to the level of the creature. Whenever you summon a 'plant' creature or conjuration in that zone, you may reduce its mana cost by 1 per decomposition token removed.

That way it is like the phoenix yet it is not related to fire. ;D    Yay!

PS: And idea is to instead of decreasing mana cost, it would require multiple tokens to instead place a growth marker on the

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 07:10:56 AM »
How about an even more agressive druid. Some sort of treebond with Togorah?  ::)

When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.