May 13, 2024, 11:08:47 PM

Author Topic: Online  (Read 3723 times)

Nitz

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:19:59 PM »
Am I correct in my assumption that this currently no way to play Mage Wars Online?

If not, I know there are a myriad of reasons why this would be tough for the company and not a priority.  I just wanted to make it known that were this to become a reality, I would gladly pay for it.  Nothing fancy, just a way to play the game as is.  My main opponent, my brother, is a missionary Priest in Russia, and if we had a way to play this game together, it'd be amazing.

I'm not suggesting that it's worth it so I can battle my brother, but I am curious if the community as a whole feels they would play this game online or if it they wouldn't be that keen to play it that way.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play it in person, but...

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Online
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:14:28 AM »
Currently no - the online spell book builder was being worked on but it got pushed back
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:30:42 AM »
I have herd some things about a online version being talked about...You could always play via Web cam, You would have to pull out the cards you opponent would play a put them were they do and move them as such. (Like playing cheese over the phone or text) For enchantments, I would place a piece of paper labeled "Enchantment" under the card that has been enchanted, and then when its revealed, replace the corresponding card in place of the paper. It would make for some longer games, but were there's a will, there's a way. And yes, I would pay to play Mage Wars online. Right now I play this game for magic the gathering called Magic Workshop, and Magic Workshop has it so you can play ANY card game you want, if someone makes the cards up. Its a user controlled interface (Meaning you control all the actions and outcomes not the program, which in all honesty is not to fun for magic.) so it could be done......If I here any thing about mage wars for Workshop I will send you a PM Nitz.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Preacher

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=9462
Currently no - the online spell book builder was being worked on but it got pushed back

The online book builder is sorely needed if you ask me. The options out there at the minute are either so clunky and unwieldy as to be pretty unusable or still on Tome 1 release only...

:dry:

WTFGamer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »
What are these options?

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »
I know of two:
Builder #1
Builder #2

The first one works decently, and you tell it how many of copies of the core set and tome 1 you have before building.
The second one is what was being worked on as the more official builder, and has most if not all of the cards from the core set, and assumes you have an unlimited number of these cards, so you don't need to determine how many sets you have.
But neither have the Forcemaster VS Warlord cards.

malgor

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »
the web site (for the deck builders) says they are waiting for the image files for the expansion from the folks at arcane wonders.  

it's going to be awesome when it's up and running.  now i use an excel sheet that i made myself to keep track of all my decks. it's quite tedious.

maybe AW has all those images in a zip file or something so they can send 'em out pronto!

Nitz

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
thanks guys!