Mage Wars > Spells

Altar of Infernia

<< < (2/7) > >>

farkas1:
Like wise of everyone else said, great job writing on this card!

This card I knew messed with some of my builds, however it's refreashing to see it does work against various other mages as well.  Many books must lookout for this card and most likely going to be target to take down once it is out.  It makes some openings now really difficult to play successfully, especially the book I played against last week. 

Again great write up,  brings clarity to all the things it does and does not do!  :D

Beldin:
Nice write up.

I too would have thought charge and bloodthirsty would be affected. So only direct sources are effected. Nice spot.

Halewijn:
Thanks!

Some differences are quite random though... Would be more logical if it affected all the same. Wounded prey and marked for death are different because marked wants to give a bonus to ranged attacks too.

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Halewijn on November 30, 2016, 05:31:24 AM ---Thanks!

Some differences are quite random though... Would be more logical if it affected all the same. Wounded prey and marked for death are different because marked wants to give a bonus to ranged attacks too.

--- End quote ---

Charge +x doesn't give a creature stronger muscles.
It just means they have more momentum and will crash into an enemy harder.

Bloodthirsty doesn't give a creature stronger muscles. It just means they're hitting harder due to bloodthirst.

Lightning raptor becomes more electrically charged over time, and that charge is being used to hit harder, but not to increase the size or muscle mass of the lightning raptor. The raptor is not releasing that much lightning out of its wings either. Otherwise it would have a daze/stun chance rather than just stagger.

And things like weak tokens or marked for death or damage type +x are things that affect the defender of a melee attack, not the attacker.

If you have a stronger weapon, then you'll be able to do more damage even if you can't gain muscle mass, simply because you have a stronger weapon.

In the case of a skeleton it's bone density, not muscle mass, of course, and remember it tends to be harder to buff undead creatures.

Beldin:
I really like this card. It definitely sits at the 115-130 place in my books. It favours the books without lots of melee buffs, like necromancer and my kraken druid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version