May 16, 2024, 08:42:41 PM

Author Topic: Spell level question  (Read 2145 times)

SauroposYdon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Spell level question
« on: March 01, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
Question about spell levels.

So I know spell levels are used to 'purchase' spells while creating spell book and to decide the mana cost of some spells. However, I have been wondering... do spell levels determine if they can affect a creature because of its level ?

For example, is a level 5 creature immune to level 3 negative enchantments and incantations ? Can you convert a mage (level 6 creature) into stone even though the spell is level 3 (I think it's level 3 :P)

many thanks !

Edit: Ok just noticed that turn to stone target says "non mage" :P   ....... but you guys get the idea. What about other spells.

Skytale

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spell level question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »
Quote from: "SauroposYdon" post=8422
is a level 5 creature immune to level 3 negative enchantments and incantations ?

No, there's no such immunity to lower level spells. If there were, your level 6 mages would would be immune to almost everything!

The spell level just determines the cost to put the spell into your book, and sometimes whether or not a familiar can cast it.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »
No, there is no connection.  For example, a Level 1 Dispel can destroy a Level 5 enchantment.

What a spell can affect, and what it is limited to, is explained on the Casting line of that spell (defined as the target), or might be further described in the text for that spell.

SauroposYdon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 02:19:28 AM »
Thank you very much guys.