May 04, 2024, 01:52:29 PM

Author Topic: What is your favorite mage and why?  (Read 15439 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
What is your favorite mage and why?
« on: December 28, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »
I was just wondering what mage was the favorite each person and why they are are their favorite.  I will start off with my selection, the Priestess.  I think that she is the best mage because of her capabilities to remove condition and because of her life gaining ability.  With her mastery of Holy, she also possesses a number of healing and defensive spells, as well as a wide variety of useful creatures.  While she does not have any particularly good attack spells, she makes up for it by being able to remain in play until she gets the job done, even if she has to suffer over 100 points of damage in a game to do it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:04:53 AM by Obsidian Soul »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite mage and why?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 09:34:37 AM »
It's still the same mage as the first match I fought against you when we both got into this game. The Straywood Beast Master. I love nature mages in fantasy settings and the Straywood can do whatever is needed to get the win.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
My fav for theme and to play is and will forever be the necromancer. Evil guy summoning undead to do his dirty work.  Poison immunity is great, 10 base channeling is fantastic...eternal servant is ok, i hardly use it but the option to use It for free is nice!

As far as my favorote mage going off theor stat cards, i have become very fond of the lady warlock, siren, and priest.

Move burn tokens around, sirens call, and adding burns from holy light...those are awesome mages!

But overall the necro still holds a soft spot in my heart
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:38:08 AM by drmambo23 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Anubis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:36:27 AM »
My favourite mage is the Druid.

I like its ability to bond with a tree and then explode plants everywhere. I like thornlashers playing tennis with the enemy mage and having a pretty butterfly playing with the flowers.
On the mechanics side, I like using conjurations, it adds to the possibilities available each turn. I like the wines spreading so fast.

And last but not least he can kill any other mage so easily  8)
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results...

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:55 AM »
Wizard. always play mages in d&d. followed by forcemaster. cool thematics.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 10:18:58 AM »
I would say straywood as well.  Love the nature school, animals and the theme of controling the wild is fascinating.  His abilities are my favorite combo with life total. Pet is super strong and using it on a lvl is crazy strong allowing them to get a free enchantment action for two mana giving a super buff.  Quick summoning is also nice combo with the cloak and or rouse.  He can swarm really easily and has a variety of nice animals that are useful.  His Melee buff is also nice.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
My favorite mage has to be the paladin.
I just love the war and holy schools and putting them together is amazing. He's extremely versatile in what he can do and has one of the best late game potentials of any mage.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 12:43:47 PM »
I've got nothing but ambivalence for anything themewise, but my favourite mages are Priestess, Necromancer,  Wizard, Druid and Forcemaster. AKA teh Channelling 10 mages, AKA Tier 1.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:06:13 PM by Kelanen »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
My favorite school is the mind school. Unfortunately there's still only one mind mage, which I also happen to like but I'm not sure if she's my favorite. I feel like I should like the wizard more, but it takes a bit of personal head canon not to intrepet him as the straw vulcan mage. Some of the story material we have seen so far has presented wizards as the "science" mage. Should druids and beastmasters not have more expertise in biology than wizards?

**My head canon**

Wizard : physicist

Beastmaster : zoologist

Druid : botanist

Necromancer : epidemiologist

Priestess : Health and Medicine and religious studies

Warlock : Criminology

Siren : Oceanography

Paladin : Coast guard

Warlord : Army

Forcemaster : Neuroscientist

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »
Obsidian Soul rides down from Rochester NY and fights me 3 matches today.....with a Necromancer lol. I honestly didn't see that coming.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »
It was a new deck that needed testing.  I got to play against a Warlord, a Siren, and a Beastmaster.  It was my first day playing Necromancer, but I think that I did satisfactorily with the mage despite forgetting about the active affect of Poison Mastery and the Eternal Servant for all three games.  It might end up becoming my second favorite because it is a nice break from the creature healing of the Priestess.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 06:53:15 PM »
Certainly Necromancer and Priestess are two of the strongest mages! Good choices...

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 07:09:54 PM »
The druid is a 9 channel mage kellanen.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 07:24:07 PM »
He is - technically. But I (and most I discuss it with) count him as a 10 Channelling mage because he always gets a +1 channelling (in addition to the benefits of the tree) on turn 1. He feels and behaves as a 10 Channeller, and rather than having the 1 action, 6 mana disadvantage of other 9 channellers, he just has a 1 mana disadvantage - that's close enough.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
Certainly Necromancer and Priestess are two of the strongest mages! Good choices...
Does that matter? I feel confident with my paladin against any "tier" 1 mage and have won many games against various skilled opponents with all sorts of mages.
The Phoenix shall rise.