Mage Wars > Spells

Second Chance vs Rise Again question

(1/6) > >>

Borg:
Suppose your Timber Wolf goes down and you've put a Second Chance on him but your opponent has put a Rise Again on him.

Which one works ?

I'm guessing the player who has initiative gets to go first and the other enchantment fizzles ... or not ?

Halewijn:
1) the person owning the object to affected by the enchantment can act first.

2) If this affects both players, the player with initiative can go first.

Since you own the timber wolf, your second chance can go first. 

ClockWork:
Cast Rise again on this thread here....

--- Quote from: Halewijn on September 06, 2016, 01:41:30 PM ---1) the person owning the object to affected by the enchantment can act first.

--- End quote ---
Sorry to doubt, but that doesn't seem right . I'm under the impression if both players want to reveal at the same time they do so in initiative order.

Where can i find the rule your referring too?

Halewijn:
Core rules:

--- Quote ---You always choose the order in which events that affect your creatures and objects occur during this phase. In the rare case that a timing issue occurs, the player with the initiative decides the order

--- End quote ---

"This phase" is the upkeep phase here. I thought this was a general rule and not only during upkeep, but now you make me doubt and I think you might be right.

wtcannonjr:

--- Quote from: Halewijn on November 10, 2016, 06:04:58 AM ---Core rules:

--- Quote ---You always choose the order in which events that affect your creatures and objects occur during this phase. In the rare case that a timing issue occurs, the player with the initiative decides the order

--- End quote ---

"This phase" is the upkeep phase here. I thought this was a general rule and not only during upkeep, but now you make me doubt and I think you might be right.

--- End quote ---

Clockwork is correct. See the rule section on Enchantments. It describes the sequence of revealing as initiative player first, then opponent. This sequence can repeat until both players no longer decide to reveal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version