May 02, 2024, 07:57:04 AM

Author Topic: Essen 2014  (Read 8375 times)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
Re: Essen 2014
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 10:02:55 AM »
Good question.  I'm not sure on that.  I know we have European partners and German partners that have English version.  If they are bringing them to Essen or not, or if their customers (the retailers) will, but I know they exist there.

Do you guys see more localized language versions than English versions normally (like just in shops)?
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Last year I manly saw the german one, but some english versions of the core game have been spotted too.
In the shops besides the booth, there are just the Pegasus/german versions :(
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Now I went looking specifically and English ones were very hard to find. Any displays or demos were German. The german distributors made a big thing of it.  So far as I know Mage Wars is still rather unknown around Europe apart from Germany.  Here in the Netherlands it is a small but growing enthusiastic group of people.  Of course Essen is the place to promote for Europe.  Perhaps next year AW?

If any of the distributors are planning to make a big thing this year of Mage Wars we could drum up some support. 

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 12:39:57 AM »
Well, last year there were mostly german core sets to see. Pegasus spiel was the only one who have their german version unpacked and promoted but it was just one table with two spellbooks and a guy who seems to me that he learned how to play it but it is not a regular player.

In my country we do pretty well. There are pockets of players but still, mage wars is not that well known as it should be. I hope that mw academy will largly change that because of its lower costs when comes to enther the etheria for a first time.

Excuse my english. I am at vacation having the biggest hangover in my life having a hunchnthere is sikverclaw grizzly in the bathroom...
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )