Mage Wars > Spells

Frost Cards!!!!!

<< < (2/2)

Jbuzzsaw79:
Druid is very much out of hand now with all the spells she can use

farkas1:
I just want to reply here to see if anyone has built frost books and had any success? 

In my experience they have been a little underwhelming or overshadowed by other book ideas I'm more excited about.    Frost can give you a little boost but there is a lot more efficient ways of killing things imo.  Tough trait ruins frost builds and at the moment I feel if you go with a pure frost strat it takes up too many sbp to be competitive in tournament play. 

Right now as it stands frost is okay to splash in some books but it is not ideal  to build the whole book around.  Which is disappointing.  Also having them stack is "cool" and I wish it did minus melee die per each one similar to stagger.  melting on the frost creatures is too harsh especially with 0 armor.  And the frost creatures don't even have a frost attack subtype to their attack bar so no way of it mattering on +frost or -frost traits. 

Freeze weapon is highly disappointing too imo,  it will never get used. 

overall frost feels meh at the moment.  time will tell maybe its too new and no one sees in potential value. 

Druid and Siren I feel have a great chance of having the most success with it. 

Karadox:
Melting on the frost creatures is a Problem.

I think arena needs a weather Conjuration in the manner of the enchantment deep freeze.

DaveW:
When I got Elementalist, I started to make a Frost Wizard... but couldn't find enough in synergies to make it work. The Wizard then was going to focus on Air... and eventually ended up a generic mix of Air and Lightning as that seemed to be the most flexible build.

But yes, I tried... and gave up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version