May 05, 2024, 03:15:32 AM

Author Topic: Condition Removals  (Read 24944 times)

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Condition Removals
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
Was playing the apprentice game with my wife yesterday (me Wizard/ her Warlock) and I cast sleep on her Darkfenne Bat. Looking through the rules, it seemed that short of doing damage some spell or ability would be required to remove the condition, but it wasn't clear which ones.

It seems she doesn't have such a spell or ability, so is the creature asleep for the remainder of the game if I don't attack it? Can the Warlock attack its own creature to do some damage and wake it up?

I would love a list of conditions and their means of removal. Is any kind of Mage Wars online database planned? Thanks!

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Condition Removals
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »
I just saw the other thread about attacking friendly creatures... which seems to be allowed.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »
Unless you have a nice opponent your gonna have to do it yourself.
As far as other ways to remove conditions I know Purify can. Since I do not have my cards and I do not remember if it is X mage only or not I would double check it..
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Lothar

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
Purify is available to all mages, but sadly it can only remove poison conditions (cripple, rot, or weak), so it's of no use against sleep.

The Priestess has a special ability that lets her remove conditions for their removal costs, and Holy mages can use Lay Hands to do this while healing (but only once, as it is an epic spell). Dealing damage to the sleeping creature seems to be the only option available to the other mages to deal with sleep.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
Quote from: "Lothar" post=1395
Purify is available to all mages, but sadly it can only remove poison conditions (cripple, rot, or weak), so it's of no use against sleep.

The Priestess has a special ability that lets her remove conditions for their removal costs, and Holy mages can use Lay Hands to do this while healing (but only once, as it is an epic spell). Dealing damage to the sleeping creature seems to be the only option available to the other mages to deal with sleep.

That is what I thought but it is always better to double check.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 02:32:44 PM »
Thanks folks...

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
Quote from: "ShamanX" post=1397
Thanks folks...

NP always glad to help. Check this out about attacking friendly creatures.

dyobs69

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »
If I understand this correctly, I can not just pay the removal cost of a condition unless I use purify incantation(on poison conditions) or follow the removal costs conditions on the token, how about burn effect? on a roll of "0" remove burn status, do I still have to pay 2 mana after rolling a "0"? or can I just pay 2 mana to remove burn instead of rolling 1 attack die?
Same goes for Daze and Stun,although these conditions are removed after acting, what are the removal costs for? (except for priests who has built in skill)

I've read the removal costs in the rulebook, I just wanted to make sure my friends and I are doing the right stuff when we're playing.

Thanks in advance

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »
You can only remove a condition if you have a spell or ability that lets you do that.  For example, the Purify spell lets you remove poison conditions like Rot, Weak, and Cripple.  The Priestess can remove any condition.  In these cases you must pay the removal cost of the conditions you choose to remove.

Future spells will enable you to remove other conditions.  For example, Clear Mind will remove all Psychic spells and enchantments, such as Sleep, Confuse, and Mind Control (the latter 2 are new stuff!).

dyobs69

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
Thank for the quick reply

So the burn status only gets removed by rolling a "0" and the removal cost of 2 mana on the burn token as of now can only paid by a priest using their restore skill

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
That's correct.  

Suggestion:  A Geyser spell will remove all Burn conditions without harming the target. Put one in your spellbook for use against the Warlock!   :)   It also provides decent other effects for when you are not burning.

dyobs69

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »
Oh! that's a good one, never thought of that  :lol:

thanks a lot

Cavie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
So to clear up one more hitch in my mind - to remove conditions such as Stun & Daze you not only have to wait until the end of that creature's action phase but then also have to pay the mana cost listed on the token (ie. 2 mana for Daze & 4 for Stun)?

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
Quote from: "Cavie" post=6013
So to clear up one more hitch in my mind - to remove conditions such as Stun & Daze you not only have to wait until the end of that creature's action phase but then also have to pay the mana cost listed on the token (ie. 2 mana for Daze & 4 for Stun)?

No. The mana costs are for spells or abilities that can remove a condition. The condition will resolve on its on for no cost but if you have the appropriate spell or ability you can remove it earlier for the Mana cost listed
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Cavie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
So currently, Purify is the only spell that can remove Rot & Weak (poison) conditions, correct?