May 17, 2024, 06:21:54 PM

Author Topic: Meditation Graveyard (Gen-Con 2016)  (Read 15101 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Meditation Graveyard (Gen-Con 2016)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 08:58:41 AM »
I am looking and looking at that spellbook, still trying to figure it out.

More questions

1- Skeletal minions - were there as a shield, fill-in-action when you were low on mana, on offense...?
2- Drain Life - was casted? Was that your finishing tool?
3- 1 meditation amulet. Were you counting on that it will not be dissolved? That players will not see it as a threat like they would if you were holding Sectarus, Flame Whip etc.? (I know they are mage restricted, just wanted make a point :) )

1. keejchen deserves credit for this. I played my Necro vs. his Elemental Lord and in some rounds I did not have the mana to summon anything, so he advised me to put them in. "were there as a shield, fill-in-action when you were low on mana" both of those. Even really good choice as Eternal Servant early as its easier to preserve 5 mana than 8 and get him back again. As per the first match his good as guard remover and taking a 4-5 dice blow.

I got real happy with them as I discovered I could play Idol and Deathlock in round 2 and 3 if I summoned them. Pretty sure now that its not a great idea.

2. Drain Life - I would say boulders are my finishing tool, but Drain Life should be good vs. armor and defenses, besides its one of the few ways I have to heal.

3. Well I thought I be fine with Cloak of Shadows, Nullify, putting Enfeeble on the enemy mage and hopefully put up a wall, so he has to go into the Graveyard zone to dissolve it. It does hurt this build a lot to loose that Amulet - still losing the Cloak, the Mage Wand or the Dragonscale Hauberk would be at least as bad.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 06:44:34 PM »
It's always fun looking back at books I've fought and realizing "If I had just...." ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

sky

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 10:39:37 PM »
I played the weighted training clothes wizard (2015) gen con champion book against this today. Weighted training clothes lost, but it was close. It is a super good book, I love it.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
I played the weighted training clothes wizard (2015) gen con champion book against this today. Weighted training clothes lost, but it was close. It is a super good book, I love it.
Remember, only air wizard is legal now.
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 03:47:39 PM »

Zot - hes my favorite for the next Gen-Con. 

;D 

Hope so too. Looking forward to it already.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2016, 06:36:17 PM »
I'm gonna go on record as picking Sharkbait for next year.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »
Love the book! I haven't played Skelton necro yet just zombies. What is your counter to creatures or spells that have added bonus vs undead? If you stay in your corner and someone drops wand with like pillar of light or an angel or Druid with kralathor?