May 03, 2024, 05:39:47 AM

Author Topic: Alandell and Battle Fury  (Read 2326 times)

Keystone

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Alandell and Battle Fury
« on: December 25, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
Hello.

So me and my friend got to somewhat heated discussion about Alandell using Battle Fury. I was quite certain that any melee+X buffs only apply to the first attack of any attack action, but he referred to the text of the card, which reads as follows: "When Alandell is activated, you may pay up to 4 mana. If you do, he gains Melee +1 and adds +1 to his effect rolls for each mana spent, until the end of his activation." Therefore he meant that however many attacks he makes during his activation, he gets the bonus to every attack because it's worded that way.

To save time we agreed he could take the bonus again for the second attack (because of Battle Fury), at least until we could confirm the rules later. He ended up exploding to Eye for an Eye anyway.

"So what are you going to cast? A Tanglevine? A Stranglevine! Tanglevine's cousin!"

-Alwinkristen, as I used Stranglevine for the first time

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Alandell and Battle Fury
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
You are both correct. He does gain the bonuses for both attacks, however Melee +X only adds extra attack dice for the first attack of an attack action. It's not that the trait has gone away after the first attack, it just doesn't provide any benefit after the first attack. The bonus to the effect die will apply to every attack though.

magerunner

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 11:58:32 AM »
BUT - he will still have the + to the effect die for the second attack.  So chance to really stun.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
BUT - he will still have the + to the effect die for the second attack.  So chance to really stun.

Getting ideas? See you in the arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.