May 03, 2024, 07:57:25 AM

Author Topic: Additional dice  (Read 3561 times)

pepapape

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Additional dice
« on: December 30, 2015, 03:23:15 AM »
Hi mates, i have a question about the additional dice, so, is it mandatory through the effects dice when you do any attack or spell with that dice? or for the other way, i can choose if i want to through the dice. Example: Effect dice from the Whirling Spirit (push and daze)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Additional dice
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »
Hi mates, i have a question about the additional dice, so, is it mandatory through the effects dice when you do any attack or spell with that dice? or for the other way, i can choose if i want to through the dice. Example: Effect dice from the Whirling Spirit (push and daze)

If there is an effect die roll included with the attack, then you must roll it. It's not optional. Well, unless the creature died before damage and effects step. Then they would be dead so pushing and slamming them wouldn't do anything. You can't roll damage and effects against a creature that's already destroyed.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:19:24 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Additional dice
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 08:31:01 PM »
Here's another related question:

Could I use a standard attack (the one from the mage ability card) if I have a weapon equiped?
Most mages would prefer not to roll the extra weapon dice when hitting a friendly sleeping creature...

* A straywood beastaster would still roll his extra battle skill die, but roll only four dice, not the fifth one he gets from a mage staff or staff of beasts.
* Adramelech warlock would roll one die + effect die to potentionally burn in stead of the 4 dice + effect die from the lash of hellfire. I presume a fireshaper ring would add another die? Can that one be ignored?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »
Yes, you can choose which attack bar to use when you declare the attack.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 10:17:43 PM »
And no the fireshaper extra die cannot be ignored
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 08:15:10 AM »
Yes, you can choose which attack bar to use when you declare the attack.
And no the fireshaper extra die cannot be ignored
Just as  I thought. Thank you gentlemen for your infinite wisdom.

Fred.