May 06, 2024, 03:13:24 PM

Author Topic: Forcemaster deck  (Read 2966 times)

jmoore032000

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Forcemaster deck
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »
Hi,

This is my forcemaster deck that I have made, if you have any suggestions then please advise.  Also have a priestess and female warlock deck which I will post up.

Equipment
Regrowth Belt
Leather Boots
Force Ring
Gauntlets of Strength
Dragonscale Hauberk
Psi-Orb
2x Dancing Scimitar
Galvitar, Force Blade
Dispel Wand

Conjurations
Mana Siphon
Battle Forge
Mordok's Obelisk
Harchforge Monolith
Mohktari, Great Tree of Life

Creatures
2x Necropian Vampiress

Enchantments
2x Bear Strength
2x Forcefield
Regrowth
Harmonize
Circle of Lightning

Incantations
2x Battle Fury
2x Dissolve
2x Dispel
2x Teleport
Seeking Dispel
Heal

Added Mohktari, Great Tree of Life for additional healing but may remove it for healing wand and Purify.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Forcemaster deck
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
Seems like a pretty solid Forcemaster. My only concern is if you face an equipment heavy deck. The new anvil throne warlord would be a big nemesis for you.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
I dont think that you will win a lot of games with this deck, because

1) 36 Cards? Many stuff out of school

2) You should choose one tactic as a forcemaster. Either bring a world of pain to the enemy with strong melee hits from your mage ... or go for long attrition game with Mana Siphon and Mordoks Obelisk ... or summon creatures and support them. You do not have the mana for all of it.

Try to specialize you game plan.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Battlehamster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »
Get rid of Moktari. You can't rely on being in that one zone for the whole game so you will not be reaping it's benefit much. Regrowth belt or regrowth enchant are less mana intensive and more reliable and since regen does not stack, Moktari is redundant.

Agree with posters above, you need to focus more with the forcemaster. The preferred build is to equip up and then slash your opponent to ribbons quickly. I have been trying to see if a creature focused forcemaster would work but with the cards available it is difficult.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »

Get rid of Moktari. You can't rely on being in that one zone for the whole game so you will not be reaping it's benefit much. Regrowth belt or regrowth enchant are less mana intensive and more reliable and since regen does not stack, Moktari is redundant.

Agree with posters above, you need to focus more with the forcemaster. The preferred build is to equip up and then slash your opponent to ribbons quickly. I have been trying to see if a creature focused forcemaster would work but with the cards available it is difficult.

Murphy made a pretty interesting swarm forcemaster build which I lost against. It has 8 creatures, 4 thoughtspores and 4 psyloks. I was really shocked that it worked. The key to making his build work was constant motion. If I'm remembering right, his thoughtspores had arc lightning, power strike, teleport, and either force hammer, force push, or another teleport. His mage would get up close while his thoughtspores would keep their distance. He also had a Renewing spring and I think an Etherian life tree as well. I think he enchanted most of his psyloks with akiro's favor to increase chance of daze and he might have sometimes used ways of making enemy movement difficult like stumble, force hold, tanglevine etc. I don't know if it was competitive, it probably wasn't very competitive, but I think it was very likely to be viable. This was before gen con.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.