May 04, 2024, 06:56:44 AM

Author Topic: new Forcemaster vs. Warlord - Arena  (Read 10023 times)

Hectorius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
new Forcemaster vs. Warlord - Arena
« on: April 16, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »
I am little confused.
in order of changing the Mage Wars sets to Arena, the core set got additional copies of certain cards like Dissolve.

the Arena version of FvW is already out, too. does it also come with additional cards??
the card list under "Resources and downloads" seems to be old (220 cards):
http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources/Forcemaster_vs_Warlord_Spell_List.pdf
while the new FvW Arena site says 248 spell card:
http://www.arcanewonders.com/products/forcemaster-vs-warlord-expansion-set

so does this actually mean that the answer to my question is Yes?

kind regards

PS: if the answer was Yes, will the other expansions be also equipped with more copies?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:53:49 AM by Hectorius »

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: new Forcemaster vs. Warlord - Arena
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »
FvsW had very odd cards distribution (like the core set). So my guess is they fixed it, to be more inline with DvN and FiF.

verdealex79

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:10:25 AM »
FvsW had very odd cards distribution (like the core set). So my guess is they fixed it, to be more inline with DvN and FiF.

Somehow I am puzzled too. Are the other expansions getting a "revision" too, when they get reprinted? I mean the box with the Arena logo, erratas included in the cards, new art, a higher number of cards inside, and so on..

I dont have anything yet related to MageWars, but I was planning to jump on it and buy everything (I already played the game and loved it). Now I wonder if I should buy only the Core and the new FvW (and wait for the Sold Out and subsequent reprint of other old expansions) or if I should go and buy the current print of the other 5 expansions (core Spell tomes 1 and 2, Kumanjaro, Forged in fire, Druid vs Necromancer)....

What do you guys think? Anyone of AW willing to clarify what are the plans for reprints and current expansions?

Hectorius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 09:57:15 AM »
I dont have anything yet related to MageWars, but I was planning to jump on it
yeah, that's my point too. I only got the core set and love the game principle. wondering if it's worth to wait for the Arena expansions  :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »
I am not sure if any of the other expansions are up for reprint at this time. I would hazard a guess that each of them upon their next release will be updated with the new Arena branding. As for errata cards, it has been typical to see these cards updates added to the next reprints.

So my answer for now is get the Arena versions of what is released and for the other 4 get what is out there now.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »
I am not sure if any of the other expansions are up for reprint at this time. I would hazard a guess that each of them upon their next release will be updated with the new Arena branding. As for errata cards, it has been typical to see these cards updates added to the next reprints.

So my answer for now is get the Arena versions of what is released and for the other 4 get what is out there now.

This is accurate.  The next on the list will be Druid vs Necro, but that would be at the end of this year, or early next, at the soonest for a reprint.
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »
Druid Vs Necro is only the best expansion....
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Hectorius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »
at the end of this year, or early next, at the soonest for a reprint.
:'( oh man.. I really discovered this game at the wrong time..
I do want the expansions (was close to buy them all the past days) but also now where I see that there come reprintings with additional copies, it would be wiser to wait. but this long?? jeez  :-\

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 07:58:52 AM »
Eventually you will probably want multiple copies of each expansion.  I have 4 core sets and 2 of every expansion. So if you wanted the cards, I would buy at least one now, and then get a second copy after the reprint.

I'm also probably going to buy one of each of the reprints also.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 08:05:48 AM »
at the end of this year, or early next, at the soonest for a reprint.
:'( oh man.. I really discovered this game at the wrong time..
I do want the expansions (was close to buy them all the past days) but also now where I see that there come reprintings with additional copies, it would be wiser to wait. but this long?? jeez  :-\

Druid vs Necro shouldn't be getting extra copies. For DVN we had changed our policy on how many of a card to print. DVN uses the newer, better distribution of cards. When we went back to Forcemaster vs Warlord, that set did not use the improved card distribution so we added cards to make it fit the new distribution. DVN, doesn't need that.

So, I'd be less concerned about picking up a DVN before the reprint.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 09:09:54 AM »
Eventually you will probably want multiple copies of each expansion.  I have 4 core sets and 2 of every expansion. So if you wanted the cards, I would buy at least one now, and then get a second copy after the reprint.

I'm also probably going to buy one of each of the reprints also.

Unless you're running tournaments and supplying spell books for every player, you probably won't need more than 2 core sets and 1 of each expansion.  At least, that's what I've got and I can generally keep one of each of 8-10 mages built with very few proxies (although including both priest/priestess and/or both warlocks simultaneously is a bit of a stretch), or supply any 4 different spell books without proxies for organized play (since some of our players are waiting for the new "Arena" printing).
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Hemlock

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 09:51:23 AM »
It would be nice if there was a "upgrade pack" that included both the new spellbooks and the extra / errated cards so that purchasers of the original game could be aligned with the new version
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 10:17:54 AM »
Being an ambassador, I get paid in product. So I had 2 of everything, then I picked up a cpouple of core sets and a 3rd copy of FiF for working a convention to use as demo sets when I run in-store demos. I also have a couple of the rubber play mats as 2 sets of every action marker (yellow/green and Purple\Grey).

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 01:36:38 AM »
It would be nice if there was a "upgrade pack" that included both the new spellbooks and the extra / errated cards so that purchasers of the original game could be aligned with the new version

For people like me, who buy one of each box (and build a new spell book each time), the upgrade pack would be very usefull!