May 11, 2024, 04:06:51 AM

Author Topic: Wizard Control (First Spellbook)  (Read 15081 times)

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Control (First Spellbook)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »
Can you recast a mage wand on your self to change the spell?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 11:44:19 PM »
Yes. When  you replace an equipment if you had something bound on the first equipment then you put the bound spell back in your book. Then obviously you bind a new spell to the new item.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »
Why wouldn't you pay 3 mana and just swap the spell?

Can you recast a mage wand on your self to change the spell?

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 01:19:01 AM »
If you have one attached isnt it illegal to recast it on your self again?

Its 3 mana and a quick action. Trying to bypass the action part

Edit; I really mean to ask at what point does the attached wand go back into the book?

Enchants which cannot be cast on an object that has one with the same name on it,  equipments can and if so when are they 'attached' to the mage?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:55:49 AM by aquestrion »

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 07:09:44 AM »
How much is a quick action worth in mana? Pay 1 mana extra (Forge pays minimum 1) for a Forge free action to swap bound spell? Yes please, if Forge has nothing better do. Also Forge can contribute the full cost later in the game when fully kitted out. No brainer really for 2 spell points (2nd Wand).

Not illegal. Equipment takes up a slot, if occupied old item goes back to book (with any spell bound to it returning to book too). 

Only illegality is wearing 2 identical equipment. Else every Wizard will wear 2 Arcane Rings and wield 2 Mage Wands!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:17:53 AM by DeckBuilder »
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 07:13:56 AM »
If you have one attached isnt it illegal to recast it on your self again?

Its 3 mana and a quick action. Trying to bypass the action part

Edit; I really mean to ask at what point does the attached wand go back into the book?

Enchants which cannot be cast on an object that has one with the same name on it,  equipments can and if so when are they 'attached' to the mage?

As we rehashed this with corrode I am 99.9999% sure this is how it works:

you have bearskin on.

you cast a bearskin on yourself and because it is a slot already containing an item, the worn item is bounced back immediately during the cast phase (as target deceleration calls the bounce into effect)

This creates a "window" at which you would not be wearing bearskin, and corrode tokens are removed.

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »
Wow, thanks for the really long post and neat ideas. With the DvsN set maybe i will put together a warlock/Enchanters Wardstone Curse-spellbook because enchantment-control is not what i intended with this spellbook (Mana syphon and Surpression Cloak are the "cool" cards, Staff of the Arcanum being sadly to bad) The only enchantment i feel right for this tactic is Essence Drain

However, i believe the wardstone is too good to be dismissed in a mana denial spellbook so your tips are really helpful! :)

"I'm sort of jealous that you get to experience that early steep learning curve, the joys of discovery that can never be re-experienced."

I don't get this :D being jealous of joy i couldn't experience is strange - like being a single child i do not miss any brother/sister, maybe it's a loss, i don't know and i will never find out. Besides, I guess deconstructing is nothing that comes by my nation :D

I can get rid of Corrode by replacing all Armor+X equipment?.....That sounds edgy and nice to know!
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
How much is a quick action worth in mana? Pay 1 mana extra (Forge pays minimum 1) for a Forge free action to swap bound spell? Yes please, if Forge has nothing better do. Also Forge can contribute the full cost later in the game when fully kitted out. No brainer really for 2 spell points (2nd Wand).
!

I like it! I'd been thinking the Mage would be casting it, but yeah, swapping it in and out through a forge does maintain action tempo albeit at the cost of two more mana. But that seems cheap.