May 11, 2024, 06:32:57 PM

Author Topic: Fire and Brimstone.  (Read 3220 times)

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
Fire and Brimstone.
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:52 AM »
Hello my fellow Mage Warring Friends. Today, I bring you a man who brings Hell from his fingertips in the name of Asyra. A man who eats, sleeps, and breathes the name of his Lord and savior so much so that he even has an angel willing to die for him. I bring you... The Solo Priest. Because killing in the name of the lord is O.K.

This is a semi serious deck, one that I can run in casual games with intermediate level players.

1 Wall of Fire (4)
3 Hand of Sim Balla (3)
1 Temple of Light (2)

total: 9

This is not a very big temple package, but this is only a distraction/added damage, on top of the Priest's attacks. Dazing is fun, too. But it is too easily beaten to rely fully upon. The Wall of fire? Because I'm stackin burns, son! Force push you into the fray for 5d, potential burn, AND whiny music. Doesn't get better than that. If those you out there don't know who the Fray is, just be glad. Very, very, glad.

1 Highland Unicorn (3)
1 Guardian Angel (3)

Total: 15

Yes, I only have two creatures in the deck. Unicorn+hands is most all the support I will need for the match up, and Angel will guard for me, because, you know, the Priest Pimps Angels (alliteration intended, blasphemy not intended). I also don't want to have to trouble myself too much in getting out of the way of big attacks, so I can just use the angel to throw her in the way. This Priest is getting less, and less priesty as time goes on. Holy Avenger is for the unicorn, to keep him alive as long as possible.

3 Flameblast (6)
3 Fireball (12)

Total: 33

I am stacking burns, am I not? Getting an absolute burn on top of maybe two more burns is just too good to pass up. This is also a good end game condition.

1 Mongoose Agility (2)
2 Nullify (4)
1 Reverse attack (4)
1 Vampirism (6)
1 Circle of Fire (4)
2 Bear Strength (4)
1 Jinx (2)
1 Block (2)
1 Hawkeye (2)
1 Cheetah Speed (2)

total: 64

These are the obligatory enchantments that are go tos in most builds. Depending on how it plays out, Wardstone might find a place in here...

2 Battle Fury (4)
2 Dispel (4)
1 Sleep (4)
1 Teleport (4)
1 Explode (4)
2 Force Push (4)
1 Heal (2)
1 Purify (1)
2 Charge (4)
1 Dissolve (2)
1 Purge Magic (6)

Total: 103

This is the area I am probably going to change the most. Already there are not enough Seekings to warrent play. Two charge may be one too many, who knows. Testing is invaluable here.

1 Dragonscale Hauberk (2)
1 Staff of Asyra (2)
1 Gauntlets of Strength (2)
1 Leather Boots (1)
1 Fireshaper Ring (2)
1 Regrowth Belt (2)
1 Elemental Cloak (2)
1 Dawnbreaker Ring (1)
1 Sunfire Amulet (3)

Total: 120

Standard equip package. Note the Synergy with Priest with the ring. He doesn't have to have the Staff to be able to get the bonus. As well, Priest get's the natural chance to stun? The reason I took pillars of light out of this build is because THEY ARE FREE WITH THE PRIEST!

Anyways, that's my late night build. Thoughts, comments? Feel free to use and abuse at your own risk. Remember, Asyra is watching. Always watching.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:13:27 AM by padawanofthegames »
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Fire and Brimstone.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:53 AM »
Priest can also get auto-burns off of attack spells like Pillar of Light and Blinding Flash, which get the nice side effect of daze/stun chances too.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:45:20 AM »
Yeah, but as a soloing Priest, I want the most amound of damage for the least amount of actions. Pillar will do at most 4 dice of attack with the dawn ring and hawkeye. Stun doesn't have a  very high chance of getting off here, so it is not included. They are better in the Priestess deck IMO. The Auto burn is better when it has the chance to stack, hence the reasoning for this build. I must also note that this is heavily influenced by a fellow player Jerome, who is an absolute champ with the Priest.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 07:31:47 AM »
I have actually been working on something very, very similar to this Andy.  It's definitely fun to run up on someone with a priest when they think you are going to send in dudes.