May 07, 2024, 07:14:53 PM

Author Topic: BoardgameGeek Top 100 April Poll  (Read 3634 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
BoardgameGeek Top 100 April Poll
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:45:03 PM »
Alright people, we've only got 26 votes so far! We need more votes! We've done great the past couple of months, moving up the tiers each time, don't let it stop now!

Top 100 Boardgames League - The Majors April '14 [POLL]
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: BoardgameGeek Top 100 April Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »
Yes get on over there and vote for Mage Wars as you #1 favorite game. While you are there make sure to vote in the other tiers. There are some crying loudly of ballot stuffing, so vote in the other tiers and squash the cry babies.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:22 PM »
The cries about ballot stuffing are really unfair. We aren't doing anything wrong. Although, I do think people should vote for all of the tiers that include games that they like. Voting just for the sake of voting would be silly though.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:01:33 PM »
I concur, I think that what we do can in a way be called campaigning, but only a bit. Mainly we raise awareness more than anything else that there is a contest going on.

The biggest bumps we get are when I have posted over on the BGG forums we typically get 40-50 votes from that posting......

svvcDark

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »
Vote has been cast, and in all the right places. Oo-la-la

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
Indeed. I don't see that campaigning or raising awareness is a bad thing. I think it is amazing how many votes we're succeeding in getting though. If we can keep these numbers up, not only will we get to Tier 1 but we could replace Power Grid as the number one game in the contest!!! I'm not sure I really expect that to happen, but one can dream.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:46 AM »
Other than Power Grid itself, we had more 1st place votes than any other games combined votes. If we stay consistent we could easily power high in to tier 1.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 08:34:48 AM »
Yes get on over there and vote for Mage Wars as you #1 favorite game. While you are there make sure to vote in the other tiers. There are some crying loudly of ballot stuffing, so vote in the other tiers and squash the cry babies.

Yeah we really need to vote for other tiers as well. They're saying that what we are doing isn't against the rules, but they are gonna make note of it as long as the trend is seen. I just went into other tiers and picked some other games that I've played and voted for them as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog