May 19, 2024, 04:25:37 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Monday Episode #18 - Welcome to the Battleground  (Read 4495 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Monday Episode #18 - Welcome to the Battleground
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Aaron and Rick talk about the upcoming Battlegrounds expansion.

Listen - - > HERE <--
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Monday Episode #18 - Welcome to the Battleground
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about the environment tiles for competitive arena battles. However, they seem like an awesome excuse for a dungeon crawl race. I dream of the following scenario: Four players: first to get enough of the keys to enter the boss-room and defeat the boss room in combat wins the game. The keys are like vitra orbs, guarded by Sslaks, and you need a certain number of keys to enter the boss room. Picking up a key costs a quick action, and when you or a creature you control pick up a key it goes into your key collection. When a mage dies, all of their keys are dropped in the zone that they died. However, each key still requires a separate quick action to pick up.

Oh, and if you kill all the enemy mages that doen't mean you win. You only win if you kill the boss.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:04:40 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Icarus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Monday Episode #18 - Welcome to the Battleground
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »
Not sure how the environment effects will be in play; not sure how much I'll play the new game mode...

But the prospect of a modular board is quite exciting at the very least. This all sounds cool, and I can't wait to hear more / get a release date.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:45:40 AM »
exactly, release date is the only question missing in that episode...

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 06:43:20 AM »
Bring on Battlegrounds!

It sounds like a toolkit for our creative side. Computer gamers have modding and now Mage War players (soon) have Battlegrounds.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
Well, release date is always tricky :) It will probably be before summer and also not this or next month. I cant wait!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )