May 13, 2024, 07:46:46 PM

Author Topic: Three quick questions - Mohktari and Enchanter's Wardstone  (Read 2447 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Three quick questions - Mohktari and Enchanter's Wardstone
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:51:52 PM »
I didn't see these mentioned in the General FAQ, and I didn't pull up anything that seemed to help when I searched for the cards, so I thought I would ask here. Please forgive if these have been asked already.

1) Should Mohktari be Zone Exclusive?

2) Does an opponent pay two or four additional mana if I have two copies of Enchanter's Wardstone in play? I ask because there is no "+" sign in the text, and it only says that you would pay two mana (rather than two additional mana).

3) If an opposing Mage casts a spell like Purge Magic that will get rid of multiple enchantments, must he first pay two mana per enchantment, or only two mana total if the friendly Mage has an Enchanger's Wardstone out?

Thanks!
Dave
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:12:37 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Three quick questions - Mohktari and Enchanter's Wardstone
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »
I didn't see these mentioned in the General FAQ, and I didn't pull up anything that seemed to help when I searched for the cards, so I thought I would ask here. Please forgive if these have been asked already.

2) Does an opponent pay two or four additional mana if I have two copies of Enchanter's Wardstone in play? I ask because there is no "+" sign in the text, and it only says that you would pay two mana (rather than two additional mana).

3) If an opposing Mage casts a spell like Purge Magic that will get rid of multiple enchantments, must he first pay two mana per enchantment, or only two mana total if the friendly Mage has an Enchanger's Wardstone out?

Thanks!
Dave

1)
Do not have it in front of me. So I cant double check

2)  & 3)
2 mana per enchant per Wardstone controlled by an opposing mage. So if you purge and I have 2 stones it is 4 mana extra per enchant you choose to destroy. This extra mana is payed during the resolution step.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Three quick questions - Mohktari and Enchanter's Wardstone
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
1)
Do not have it in front of me. So I cant double check

It doesn't say so on the card (at least the card that I have, which I presume hasn't changed through errata). I am wondering because other things like Mana Flowers and the Renewing Spring are Zone exclusive.

Thanks for the quick answer Shad0w!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess