May 13, 2024, 01:08:19 PM

Author Topic: Earthquake against vine druid  (Read 7122 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Earthquake against vine druid
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »
Has anyone here ever tried using an earthquake against a druid's walls or vine markers? I just noticed that the attack effect of earthquake is not a zone attack, and that it is neither ranged or melee, so it can work on vine markers and tanglevine!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Earthquake against vine druid
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
Yeah, it can be a blowout game-ending play, or just a lot of mana to destroy something the Druid got for free. Tricky to get right, potentially worth it.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:47:05 PM »
I've used it with my Earth Wizard against a Druid once... I wanted to damage things behind a wall, and got a few vine tokens and some damage on the wall while I was at it. I don't know if it was worth the mana... I think it was... it wasn't, um, earthshaking though. I've found the full cast a little annoying... you can't maneuver without expending additional mana when using it.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:00:56 AM »
I've used it with my Earth Wizard against a Druid once... I wanted to damage things behind a wall, and got a few vine tokens and some damage on the wall while I was at it. I don't know if it was worth the mana... I think it was... it wasn't, um, earthshaking though. I've found the full cast a little annoying... you can't maneuver without expending additional mana when using it.
I can see this being very useful against a Bloodspine Wall + Thornlasher + Vine Snapper setup in NC & FC. Of course there is the afore mentioned issue of the Full Cast  of the [mwcard=FWI02]Earthquake[/mwcard] which means you would have to be in range of the Pit to cast it unless you did some careful planning.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

MageHorst

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • MiĆ©villean Tentacle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 03:43:16 AM »
Hm... aren't those plant creatures immune to Earthquake? They are rooted, so they are unmoveable (right?) - and according to the text of Earthquake, unmoveable creatures are immune to all effects of the quake.

Still: it would work greatly against Druid conjurations (walls, Corrosive Orchid etc.) and the Vine markers.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:44:58 AM by MageHorst »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Yes, warlord! No other victory feels more rewarding. =)

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:59 AM »
Hm... aren't those plant creatures immune to Earthquake? They are rooted, so they are unmoveable (right?) - and according to the text of Earthquake, unmoveable creatures are immune to all effects of the quake.

You are correct. As long as the creatures have the rooted trait then they are not effected by [mwcard=FWI02]Earthquake[/mwcard]

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:02:06 AM »
Crud which of course is weird to me, as trees and buildings always fall from Earthquakes here on Terra Firma...fo real....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:07:51 AM by sIKE »

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:41 AM »
Crud which of course is weird to me, as trees and buildings always fall from Earthquakes here on Terra Firma...fo real....

Judging by the artwork and effect I think this is suppose to be more of a final fantasy come down from the sky and slam my fist into the ground earthquake shockwave and not a literal geological fault rupture. 

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »

Judging by the artwork and effect I think this is suppose to be more of a final fantasy come down from the sky and slam my fist into the ground earthquake shockwave and not a literal geological fault rupture.
Still hurts structures affixed to the ground along with Walls. Still the ground is moving around violently if caused by a huge fist punching the ground or plates subsiding under one  another.