May 12, 2024, 03:53:55 PM

Author Topic: New (german) YouTube channel about Mage Wars  (Read 6407 times)

K1ckEM

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
New (german) YouTube channel about Mage Wars
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:37:27 AM »
Hello everyone!

This is only my second post here, normally i am an active member of the german Mage Wars forum at Pegasus games. After watching some episodes of the Arcane Duels  (Props to Justin, Nathan and the others, i really enjoy your work!) i decided to come up with my own channel with games, to support the (far too small) german MW Scene. It is called Akiros Gunst (Akiros Favor).I know for a fact that many german speaking people prefer this forum (wich has much more users), so maybe some of you would like to take a look! There are ony two episodes so far, but i plan to keep them coming.  So much for my advertisement! ;) I wish you all nice holydays.
- - - Akiros Gunst - Mage Wars Duelle auf Deutsch! - - -  Akiros Favor - Mage Wars Duels in german! - - -

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: New (german) YouTube channel about Mage Wars
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
I will check it out when I'm not at work. Sounds awesome, and thank you for watching our videos!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:57:57 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching the videos

In the first game, the Priestess focused on the Necromancer too early with far too little damage potential. Using Divine Intervention to rush was a terrible move as well. Teleport would have accomplished the same thing for less mana, but there was not a lot of point in attacking at that point anyway. The Priestess also would have been better off leading with the economy and didn't use the Battle Forge particularly efficiently. Overall the Necromancer had a much better game plan.

The second video was harder to follow, although the openings seemed more reasonable. Some of the followup decisions were questionable, but overall I felt like there was a bit better strategy than in the first game. The Warlock needed to do a better job of focus firing and probably should have considered playing another threat.

In terms of rules issues, Defend can't target a Skeletal Knight. It also looks like Adramelech healed from Vampirism when attacking a nonliving creature, which he shouldn't have. You may have commented those, but I don't speak German, so I couldn't tell.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 02:50:52 AM »
Awesome! I'm thrilled that you started these. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to link these to our site, I'm sure there's a lot of people that would like to see your episodes.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

K1ckEM

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 04:31:52 AM »
Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching the videos

In the first game, the Priestess focused on the Necromancer too early with far too little damage potential. Using Divine Intervention to rush was a terrible move as well. Teleport would have accomplished the same thing for less mana, but there was not a lot of point in attacking at that point anyway. The Priestess also would have been better off leading with the economy and didn't use the Battle Forge particularly efficiently. Overall the Necromancer had a much better game plan.

The second video was harder to follow, although the openings seemed more reasonable. Some of the followup decisions were questionable, but overall I felt like there was a bit better strategy than in the first game. The Warlock needed to do a better job of focus firing and probably should have considered playing another threat.

In terms of rules issues, Defend can't target a Skeletal Knight. It also looks like Adramelech healed from Vampirism when attacking a nonliving creature, which he shouldn't have. You may have commented those, but I don't speak German, so I couldn't tell.
Thank you for your thoughts! :-)  The first game was a very spontanious one, and my opponent didn't put much thought into his strategy, his idea was just to test the bridge troll. I agree that the second game was much better. Sadly, i had some terrible rolls (Damn you AKIRO! ;) ) So the Adramalech needed far to long to destroy the barracks. I agree that i should have played my blood reaper deamon in midgame. I tend to put far to much resources in destroying the enemys conjurations....

Of course you are right about the rule mistakes.  Its suprising how many mistakes you make in a normal game! I mentioned some of them per screen text, but we noticed others after posting the videos.

Awesome! I'm thrilled that you started these. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to link these to our site, I'm sure there's a lot of people that would like to see your episodes.
Thank you, i don't mind at all. :) I really didn't expected them to be interessting to the english speaking community! But it seems that people have fun watching the games, even when they don't understand a word we're saying... Just shows how much demand there is for more video material for this awsome boardgame!
- - - Akiros Gunst - Mage Wars Duelle auf Deutsch! - - -  Akiros Favor - Mage Wars Duels in german! - - -

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 04:38:26 AM »
Thank you, i don't mind at all. :) I really didn't expected them to be interessting to the english speaking community! But it seems that people have fun watching the games, even when they don't understand a word we're saying... Just shows how much demand there is for more video material for this awsome boardgame!

Of course. The people who are really interested in watching these videos often know the cards inside out so it's easy to tell what's going on.

Also, don't let silly mistakes get to you, I still make plenty. There's just so many rules. Going public with your games is risky because everyone will catch them and are not afraid to tell you. I like to learn from those mistakes, we're all still learning here.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 07:44:07 AM »
Yeah thanks for starting another youtubechannel on Mage Wars K1ckEM ! i can't get enough of these vids ! i'm from Belgium, and i really don't mind the Auf Deutsch videos !  We train our Mage Wars skills as well as our languages with this ! keep those matches coming ! i'm currently playing the druid, so i wouldn't mind seeing her in your next matchup !

by the way, could it be that you didn't use your damage barrier ability from your demonhide armor in the match with the Warlock (Hexenmeister) ?

Auf Wiederhören !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 12:28:26 AM »
Hey!
Just wanted to say I watched the videos and really enjoyed them! I am always looking for more people showing their videos of games. Can't wait to see more out of you guys

Maybe one of these days we can do a international 2v2 over skype or something :P Arcane Duels VS Akiros Gunst
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

K1ckEM

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:30:43 AM »
Hey!
Just wanted to say I watched the videos and really enjoyed them! I am always looking for more people showing their videos of games. Can't wait to see more out of you guys

Maybe one of these days we can do a international 2v2 over skype or something :P Arcane Duels VS Akiros Gunst

Thanks a lot! Third episode should lauch in the next 24 hours, its a HUGE step forward in video qualiy, we involved a friend who is an professional cameraman :) I'll post the link here when it is ready.

About the Duel: I had exactly the same idea a few days ago. Well, i would say ITS ON! But we have to think about how to do that. OCTGN comes to mind, but i really prefere a real table....

MageHorst

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Miévillean Tentacle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 04:50:26 AM »
Transcontinental 2on2 - that would be amazing (and I'd be happy to represent the European team)!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Yes, warlord! No other victory feels more rewarding. =)

K1ckEM

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
Transcontinental 2on2 - that would be amazing (and I'd be happy to represent the European team)!

Sorry Horst, i think what Coshade meant was a battle of our YouTube channels! :) Well, that is in the future, for now, here is the Link to our third episode. As mentioned, this one is far more "professionally" made in many aspects, altough sometimes we have an annyoing hissing sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpREvl1-lss&feature=youtu.be

We hope to add english subtitles, or at least a summary of the strategy discussion before and after the game, very soon. Enjoy.