May 18, 2024, 08:05:02 AM

Author Topic: FIF: Construction Yard Preview  (Read 7548 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
FIF: Construction Yard Preview
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »
Can you build it? Well Construction Yard will certainly help! You can find it's preview >>HERE<<. Does this change your opening for the warlord?

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Construction Yard Preview
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »
An amazing card. Will give to any Warlord an ORCgasm ;)

lettucemode

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »
Does it change my opening? Hmm...maybe. I like the idea of a Goblin Builder scampering around the opponent's side of the board dropping Garrison Posts, and this card certainly does help that. Pretty slow though.

Pleasantly surprised it's not Flame +2!

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »
I'm surprised it's not Warlord or War Mage only.
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:15 AM »

Considering it limit mana use to earth walls and war conjuration, it was not really necessary.

ChimpZilla

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:06:14 AM »

Doesn't need to be since I can't see other mages rocking the current crop of war conjurations and earth walls with this in tow.

Anyway.

I like that this enhances GB without obsoleting it. Yet it imposes natural limitations to that combo (needing two actions/cards to get a spawn engine going). I love how mana generation is powerful without both hosing and overpowering certain other mages (aka Druid).

It's early, but I really have to hand it to AW on this expansion so far. The design of these cards so far have been superb. Tons of interesting tools that make previously fringe strats possible without reaching hallowed, must-have Teleport ground.

NerdGuy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »
I don't know if this card will change my current Warlord opening as I tend to use him with an small elite unit of troops.  That being said, this preview definitely gives me some ideas for a new Warlord spellbook or two.  Can't wait for this set.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »

Doesn't need to be since I can't see other mages rocking the current crop of war conjurations and earth walls with this in tow.

Anyway.

I like that this enhances GB without obsoleting it. Yet it imposes natural limitations to that combo (needing two actions/cards to get a spawn engine going). I love how mana generation is powerful without both hosing and overpowering certain other mages (aka Druid).

It's early, but I really have to hand it to AW on this expansion so far. The design of these cards so far have been superb. Tons of interesting tools that make previously fringe strats possible without reaching hallowed, must-have Teleport ground.

*facepalm* Duh. I totally missed that part of the card.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
Maybe im wrong , but i read several times this card and dont see a slot in warlord, i believe there are many others cards more uselles or spend actions in something better than this. i cant wait for the next card!!

Artemus Maximus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
This card makes me super excited for the new Warlord possibilities!

1. Presumed new Warlord focus on conjurations paired with that God of War alt win condition that's been hinted at would make this a cornerstone of that type of book.
2. Maybe "Wallord"  strategy will be more feasible,  walling off half the arena and hiding behind your Steel and/or Stone fortifications. You can be sure to lose a wall a turn this way,  and this helps to get them built back up easier.
3. Being a useful outpost also helps Barracks channeling

Doesn't help cast Walls of Pikes all over the place or Gravikor, however :-/...  As would be my wont as the Orclord.
I'm afraid though we'll get only one copy in the expansion and not another copy Barracks (because I think there's only one of those in FvW, since Epic).  I really want to build simultaneous Orc and Dwarf books to battle each other

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
This card makes me super excited for the new Warlord possibilities!

1. Presumed new Warlord focus on conjurations paired with that God of War alt win condition that's been hinted at would make this a cornerstone of that type of book.
2. Maybe "Wallord"  strategy will be more feasible,  walling off half the arena and hiding behind your Steel and/or Stone fortifications. You can be sure to lose a wall a turn this way,  and this helps to get them built back up easier.
3. Being a useful outpost also helps Barracks channeling

Doesn't help cast Walls of Pikes all over the place or Gravikor, however :-/...  As would be my wont as the Orclord.
I'm afraid though we'll get only one copy in the expansion and not another copy Barracks (because I think there's only one of those in FvW, since Epic).  I really want to build simultaneous Orc and Dwarf books to battle each other

I find it very unlikely that we will only get 1 Construction yard.
I believe there will be 2 or 3  or perhaps even 4.

Good call on the barracks. Im sure there will be an additional raxx in the new spell tome.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »
Wall if pikes still works, its a corporeal war conjuration.

Can we get goblin builder erratad to be able to repair walls now? Also hoping for an indirect seige weapon.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »

Anyway.

Glad to hear.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »

I find it very unlikely that we will only get 1 Construction yard.
I believe there will be 2 or 3  or perhaps even 4.

Good call on the barracks. Im sure there will be an additional raxx in the new spell tome.

The list before it was sent to the printer had more than one but .... I do not know the final number of copies
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage