May 05, 2024, 06:51:22 PM

Author Topic: Creature attack names  (Read 2457 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Creature attack names
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »
Does anyone ever say or notice the names of the attacks that creatures have when they are being used (other than "Arcane Zap"? Like Invisible Stalker's "Phantom Talons" attack? Or Thoughtspore's "Stinging Tentacle"?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Creature attack names
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
Do notice them, sometimes say them,  as in 'I whip my sleeping dog with xxx'.  But it's just as often, , 'I'm gonna poke at your bird thing with my archer'. We might be missing out on some of the magic in the theme :)

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
I don't usually even notice them but I bet I might more often now!  Thanks.  It does thematically add a cool element to the game that gets kind of passed over.

Usually I just say I'm attacking X with Y, and sometimes I specify quick vs full attack but generally it is pretty obvious so don't even do that most of the time.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 03:51:18 AM »

I just shift click and drag a BIG RED ARROW from the attacker to the target.

Occasionally typing 'MWAH HAH HAH! I have you now!'

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »
I say them if a creature has different attacks.  Other than that, though, it's usually "swings," which I borrowed from MTG just because it's easy to say quickly.   

Maybe, "X shoots your mage," or, "I'm gonna beat your ass with this homie."  Depends on the context, etc.

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock