May 19, 2024, 12:23:47 PM

Author Topic: I'm Hunting Druids  (Read 4364 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
I'm Hunting Druids
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:37:19 PM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Shh...I'm Hunting Druids (built by OCTGN SBB)[/spellbookname]
[mage]Necromancer[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J19]1 x Deathlock[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J11]1 x Idol of Pestilence[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNC09]2 x Plague Zombie[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC11]1 x Ravenous Ghoul[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC08]1 x Unstable Zombie[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC19]4 x Venomous Zombie[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC23]3 x Zombie Crawler[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1E09]2 x Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E01]1 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E02]2 x Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E08]1 x Death Link[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E14]1 x Enfeeble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E19]2 x Ghoul Rot[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E22]1 x Hellfire Trap[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E29]3 x Nullify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]1 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNE02]1 x Rise Again[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E40]1 x Vampirism[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE02]1 x Divine Might[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNQ01]1 x Cloak of Shadows[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ03]1 x Deathshroud Staff[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ02]1 x Death Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q05]1 x Demonhide Armor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q07]1 x Elemental Cloak[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q08]1 x Elemental Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ05]1 x Libro Mortuos[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q23]1 x Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNI01]2 x Animate Dead[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNI07]3 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNI08]3 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI17]1 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI13]1 x Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]2 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNI06]2 x Zombie Frenzy[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I02]1 x Battle Fury[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I19]1 x Piercing Strike[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I10]1 x Evade[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A06]1 x Flameblast[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Hunting Druids
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
This was my first attempt at a Necro deck. It was built back in December to play against my friends Druid book, hence the name. We finally got to play yesterday, and it was a blast. I added in The Wand and Flameblast to heat things up a bit and the Cloak of Shadows kept it in my grubby paws much longer than I expected. It wasn't till I was forced pushed into a zone with a Corrosive Orchid that it was finally dissolved. By then I had gotten my money's worth. He started by turtling with a Vine Tree in his NC (his biggest mistake). I spent the early rounds by first the Ring and Ghoul followed by some time setting up Cloak, Wand and Crawler then I moved over one zone and then another and soon started shooting his [mwcard=DNC20] Vine Snapper[/mwcard] with the [mwcard=MW1Q08] Elemental Wand[/mwcard] and started bringing out Zombie's and since the Vine Snapper was in the zone guarding his Vine Tree I killed it but before it died I placed a Rise Again on it and brought it back to start snacking on his tree. He moved his [mwcard=MW1C34] Steelclaw Grizzly[/mwcard] in and killed the Snapper before I could do any thing with it. I expected this and by now had several zombies out, [mwcard=DNC09] Plague Zombie[/mwcard] and [mwcard=DNC19] Venomous Zombie[/mwcard] along with [mwcard=DNC12] Shaggy[/mwcard]. Before I activated Shaagy to eat a [mwcard=DNC23] Zombie Crawler[/mwcard] I would have them take out the Vine Marker in the zone. That would out quite well. At this point is when the game turned in to his favor. He moved his bear down into my zone and got in a good lick (9 damaged I think) and since I had no armor it all went through. I decided to igore that fact and continued on with a Zombie Frenzy to take out his [mwcard=DNJ12] Vine Tree[/mwcard]. He continued to place damage on me over the next couple of rounds until I was in the low 20's in damage. I had him in the teens and he had armored up (5) so I started dissolving and dispelling. While I did this he did some desperate teleport moves, but by then I had the [mwcard=MW1Q23] Regrowth Belt[/mwcard] on and it was just a matter of time until I was able to teleport him into the zone next to my zombies. Death was quick. Mmm Brains

Long game first time we played these mages in earnest. It was fun. Couple of things I learned, Obscured rocks, Resilient is quite good, and Growth Markers are da bomb! Only six provided though and I used them all. I need to armor up else its like giving life away for free. Lastly don't let the Necro turtle or you will be hosed.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest