May 03, 2024, 09:03:34 PM

Author Topic: Druid without a spawnpoint treebond; Spider viability  (Read 3453 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Druid without a spawnpoint treebond; Spider viability
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has done a druid without treebonding a spawnpoint. Treebond on a mohktari or lifetree. I was thinking about treebonding a Mohtari and then making a bunch of archers on it. Then use plants(vinewhip stuck, tangle, strangle, thornlasher, walls) and forcepush to keep enemy out of the archers zone.   Or just do a pit strategy and teleport the enemy mage into it.

Also I was wonder who has had any success with one or multiple Giant Wolf Spiders. I'm not sure what role they fulfil. I was thinking (as a druid) of summoning one early to keep the enemy away while i build up. They either attack it(he is tough), or get stuck by it.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Druid without a spawnpoint treebond; Spider viability
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 04:18:30 AM »
If using the spider to stick the archers then you require two if you want them to also stay in zone, also using raptors to minimum range attack in zone or flaming hellions

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:29:08 AM »
Whenever I can get a Spider out, I find that they're fantastic and work terrifically well with the druid. My issue is that as they are not a plant, I normally have a tough time finding a moment to cast the Spider. The other issue is that he does take up 4 spellpoints. Now, that may not seem like much at all, but the Druid has access to many fantastic level 1 spells and you're giving up a lot of redundancy with it.

End of the day, I've had fair success and it does synergize quite well, but I'm thinkn' that I'll stop using it.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 12:44:47 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone has done a druid without treebonding a spawnpoint. Treebond on a mohktari or lifetree. I was thinking about treebonding a Mohtari and then making a bunch of archers on it. Then use plants(vinewhip stuck, tangle, strangle, thornlasher, walls) and forcepush to keep enemy out of the archers zone.   Or just do a pit strategy and teleport the enemy mage into it.

Also I was wonder who has had any success with one or multiple Giant Wolf Spiders. I'm not sure what role they fulfil. I was thinking (as a druid) of summoning one early to keep the enemy away while i build up. They either attack it(he is tough), or get stuck by it.

If you don't use Vine Tree (Samara Tree is incredibly weak in comparison), then you've giving up the main advantage of the Druid - action advantage.

Nothing will stop you from having 2 trees in your book however.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »
I tried using the spider a few times back before I took my Druid book apart. It does work pretty well but like Laddinface said it's really hard to find a free time to cast a fairly expensive creature. What would be awesome is if the druid got some more insects and maybe a cheap spawn point that only summoned bugs. On the cover art you see some giant bees after all.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.