May 04, 2024, 01:22:30 AM

Author Topic: This Sunday Charlotte NC Event  (Read 3044 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
This Sunday Charlotte NC Event
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »
At 3pm we'll be hosting a friendly little tournament in Charlotte NC.

Where: UNCC Campus. College of Health and Human Services Building. Room 290.
When: Sunday March 2nd 1024. 3pm.
Cost: Free. Donations to the John David Reavis "Hammer of Thor" Scholarship appreciated.

Prize support will be provided.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: This Sunday Charlotte NC Event
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:34:50 PM »
A few questions (not sure if I can make it or not, but thought I'd ask for anybody else interested or anybody who hasn't seen that original thread).

You had discussed in another thread options you were considering implementing for the event. I was just wondering what you had decided upon:

1) I assume spellbooks will need to be registered beforehand but was just curious on how you were planning on doing this.

2) I believe you also decided against your initial wish of changing mages after each round but just wanted to verify this.

3) I'm also assuming you are doing swiss-style tournament, but how long is each round going to be? Also, what will the tiebreaker rules be?

Even if nobody comes from the forum is able to make it up here for this, it is always good to know in case any of us ever try to host our own events.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:41:10 PM »
These are good questions thanks for asking them:

1. I already have a good number of expected players registered with their spell books. Past that I got a helper and we'll check them at the door. Hopefully this doesn't blow up in our face.

2. Yeah that aint happening. Was a genius and innovative idea at the time, years ahead of the curve....but then I got more new players than I knew what to do with and reality kicked in :)

3. 75 minutes. I have a point system I'm going to use:

Tie=1 Point
Win by time=2 points
Win by KOing enemy mage=3 points

If you want to be eligible for the top prizes then we do ask for a donation to our charity causes. In addition to the scholarship listed previously we also ask that for donations to It Gets Better or Time Out Youth. Smaller prizes will be available to all as well snacks.

What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 07:59:10 AM »
How many rounds will there be?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »
3 Rounds. Prizes will include promo cards but I'll also have something small like a Spell Tome 1 or what not as well. This is a casual fun event for the players in the area and anyone who wants to drive up to have some fun. However it's also sponsored by my Guild and for charities we believe in so it will be run extremely well that I can assure you.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
Got a free pre-ordered copy of Forged in Fire added as prize support for this event. Pretty sweet.