Mage Wars > Strategy and Tactics

Match-Protocol 01.11. Aridigasfan Straywood vs SirJasonCrage Arraxian Crown

<< < (2/2)

SirJasonCrage:
Because Sersiryx doesn't fit the book. I have good channeling and Ihave the actions to cast curses and fire, since I'm mostly trying to not be in the middle of battle.

Taking Sersiryx means I get one less fighter creature out and it also means I need to engage and protect him as soon as he inevitably gets Chant of Raged. He also eats Mana like it's candy and I already need to sustain my Grey Wraith in most matches, while saving enough juice for Fireballs and Death Links.

Arkdeniz:

--- Quote from: Puddnhead on November 03, 2018, 08:58:41 AM ---Mheg has elusive and gets his 5dice at the beginning. He can use battle fury, ehren cannot. Mheg has 3 armor to ehren's 2. Extra actions from your mage is more costly than 6 life initially. It makes sense, but the deception is that by the end of the game, the 6 life is more costly than the actions.

--- End quote ---

Both creatures are bought on layby (what you folks term layaway, I believe). And as with all such purchases, the interest charges that accrue on top of the upfront payment are the trap and lead to a much greater total cost.

Yes, I suppose Mhegedden might be ok if the Warlock also forgoes the life losses from bringing in Bloodreapers, but when you combine them... phew.

(But then, I come from a place where even my Dark mages often start out with a Sunfire Amulet, so clearly I rate Life as REALLY important.)

wtcannonjr:

--- Quote from: SirJasonCrage on November 03, 2018, 02:20:51 PM ---Because Sersiryx doesn't fit the book. I have good channeling and Ihave the actions to cast curses and fire, since I'm mostly trying to not be in the middle of battle.

Taking Sersiryx means I get one less fighter creature out and it also means I need to engage and protect him as soon as he inevitably gets Chant of Raged. He also eats Mana like it's candy and I already need to sustain my Grey Wraith in most matches, while saving enough juice for Fireballs and Death Links.

--- End quote ---
I see. I missed the part where you didn't want the mage in the middle of battle. That seems counter to the Battle Skill mage ability of the Arraxian Crown Warlock. I assumed he would relish the chance to cast two curse spells and attack in a round to maximize the use of his ability card.

Good luck with your strategy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version