Mage Wars > Strategy and Tactics

Call to all MW players...Tools of the Trade

(1/9) > >>

drmambo23:
The official tool of the trade post can be found here:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=18575.0

So I have been thinking for a while now of making a "tools of the trade" type post, either 1 that has all mages separated in it or a different one for each mage...i lean more towards the former.  Regardless, I want this to be a community project that I update weekly.  This gives everyone a chance to share their ideas and have them all found in one location.  If you found the idea from someone else's book or video, if you can find a link to the original post please send it to me.  This allows others to view the content in context and gives the originator some credit as well.  If it is your own idea dont provide any links.  If you can't find a link just let me know you heard it on an AD vid or saw it in a book about x,y, or z, etc.

Anyways, the premise is going to be "tips and tricks" for a mage wars player, new or experienced.

These could be anything from

Necromancer:
use idol of pestilence to damage your opponent without taking damage yourself because you are poison immune

to

Charmyna's rust yourself to drop corrode markers then transfuse rust to the enemy (i believe he was the original one who posted that)

But you get the idea, anything that is helpful is welcome.

I dont have my notepad in front of me but a few i remember off the top of my head are

AC Warlock:
*Curseweave rise again
*riseagain a flame immune creature when fighting an adramelech warlock
*curseweave works on friendly curses (demonic bloodlust, demonic link)

Adramelech warlock:
*demonic link or bloodlust a friendly creature and use adramelechs torment to place a burn on them and fireweave it over (sharkbait)
*Range attacks trigger demonic reward for the mage and sersiryx

Forcemaster:
*forcepull up a steep hill through minds eye to avoid using your full action (puddinhead from an AD vid)
* mind control a flame immune creature against the adramelech warlock
* reveal galvanize right after mind control to use the creature immediately

Siren:
*Sirens call with your quick cast then guard with your full action to save your creatures from taking a big hit

Necromancer:
*Curse of decay is helpful in a mirror match

those are just a few examples.

But if anyone has something they have found is helpful with a mage and wants to share, please share.  Useful combos with paladin auras, movement manipulation, ways to work with sirens call, forcepull, etc.  I am open to all ideas.

Also, there will be another "general" section where I will post ideas that apply to most (holy, dark, mind, etc) or all mages.

Please send me all ideas in a pm with the subject line "Tools of the trade" and then post your ideas in the body.  I will compile them and post them in the original post so people do not have to hunt through a page or 2 to ideas for 1 mage.

I want to have this up and running by 1/15/18 so any ideas I have before then will be in the original post.  Any ideas people send after that will be added the following week.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to seeing all of your guys ideas!

Beldin:
Forcemaster - Chant of Rage, target their creature, and indirectly target a Force Gremlin you control. The Force Gremlin is invisible thus cannot be attacked.

DaveW:

--- Quote from: Beldin on December 29, 2017, 03:19:09 AM ---Forcemaster - Chant of Rage, target their creature, and indirectly target a Force Gremlin you control. The Force Gremlin is invisible thus cannot be attacked.

--- End quote ---

If the creature can't do something required (in this case, attack the Force Gremlin), it is free to do whatever it wants once it is in its zone.

Beldin:

--- Quote from: DaveW on December 30, 2017, 10:08:12 PM ---If the creature can't do something required (in this case, attack the Force Gremlin), it is free to do whatever it wants once it is in its zone.
--- End quote ---

But it will be out of the zone I am in.

RomeoXero:
I don't even know if you can put the marker on an invisible creature. Does it require targeting? But yes even with chant of rage they can completely ignore a  invisible creature for all intents and puroses. So itd be a bad choice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version