May 08, 2024, 11:49:04 AM

Author Topic: Mangler Caltrops  (Read 5171 times)

andybian

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mangler Caltrops
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »
Hi guys, I was playing the game with my wife and she uses Mangler Caltrops from 1 zone away and target my mage in the spcific zone. As the card reads ' Mangler Caltrops attacks each non-flying creature immediately after it enters the zone. mangler Caltrops hinders non-flying creatures. Ranged attacks cannot target Caltrops.' This card has a attack of 2 dice, Unavoidable & Peircing+1.

My question is, if my Mage who was the only creature in the targeted zone, i understand my mage will be attacked when this spell is cast. How about in the subsequent rounds, if my mage continues to be staying in the same zone with Mangler Caltrops, does Mangler Caltrops attack my mage every round, or just once when it was cast?

Second question, if Mangler Caltrops was already layed in a zone, any creature who was Pushed into the zone or move into the zone themselves will get attachk by Mangler Caltrops right?

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Mangler Caltrops
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
The Mangler Caltrops only attacks creatures who enter into the zone.  This is by any means - Pushing, teleporting, or just walking right in.

It does not attack creatures who are in the zone when it is cast.  It does not attack creatures who stay in the zone, and it does not attack them as they try to leave.

It only attacks them when they first enter the zone.  If they leave the zone and come back in, it will attack them again, of course.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
Hello! Welcome to the forums! Your mage is not attacked when the spell is cast, it is a zone conjuration that "sits" there until some one moves into that zone. It doesnt make a immediate attack, its not an attack spell, its a conjuration, its like you are throwing caltrops on the ground, not at someone.) It only attacks when a creature moves into the zone, so once you move into it, it attacks you, and then you can stand in there as much as you like. and lastly your second question, yes, that is how the spell is made to work, if a creature gets pushed or moves into the zone will get attacked by the caltrops. I hope to have been of some help. If this is not clear, just say so, and I will try and help as much as I can.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »
And Arcanus is on the prowl! Im going to have to set up some caltrops if I'm going to get to answer the questions first! :lol:
Within Shad0w.

andybian

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45:46 AM »
So the card reads 'after it enters the zone' and the word 'it' means other creature which comes into this zone. Now i get it all clear.

Side note: That was a fastest reply i've seen in a forum by support admin. You guys are awesome and i love this game till death. Since last year i have strongly recommended my usual game shop to bring lots of Mage War sets and also urged them to bring in the recent expansions.

I truely hope this game will expand very big, and possibly create an online version so i could even play this game while my wife is already asleep. :) As a consumer i wouldn't mind to buy the physical set topping up the price slightly, and the game comes with an online code which i could redeem and play this game online. Hope this will eventually happen, it will be a dream come true.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
I Would bet, that if this game would of came out in the early 90's, that it would be the biggest name in gaming today. Not that it didnt come out at a good time, really, with the popularity of games increasing and collectible gaming getting some competition, this was a great time. But I bet my bottom dollar that if this would of been there in 90-96, this game would be known world wide by now. And yes, the admins are supper active in this forum,and good at what they do, and that is even the creator of the game that answered your question! This is a very fun forum to be a part of.
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »
Quote from: "andybian" post=8603

I truely hope this game will expand very big, and possibly create an online version so i could even play this game while my wife is already asleep. :) As a consumer i wouldn't mind to buy the physical set topping up the price slightly, and the game comes with an online code which i could redeem and play this game online. Hope this will eventually happen, it will be a dream come true.

Me too! The game could be possible for online play. I have herd some things about it, I think they are quite "In the know" and will do everything to help this game and please the fans. If they make a online version, I hope with all my heart they dont attempt any A.I. opponents, as the programming would be ridicules, slow down the production, and I fell unnecessary, as there will be at least some people on at all times.
Within Shad0w.

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
If this game had come out in the early 90s in addition to Magic, Vampire, Netrunner, Heresy, etc... I would NOT have survived my undergrad years.  Well, I might have literally survived, but I would have been booted to the curb for complete failure to actually attend class and learn stuff. :)

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »
Quote from: "Koy" post=8612
If this game had come out in the early 90s in addition to Magic, Vampire, Netrunner, Heresy, etc... I would NOT have survived my undergrad years.  Well, I might have literally survived, but I would have been booted to the curb for complete failure to actually attend class and learn stuff. :)

Me and my group were looking for a game just like this back then. We (the nine not including me) all played these games as well, but also played anything that was at out FLGS, and I always wanted a game like Mage Wars. (One day I was watching cartoons with my son, when a episode of Adventure Time had them play a game called "Card Wars" and I thought, "Oh my God! That is my game! It is so much like Mage Wars, more than any other card game out there, and then I found Mage Wars.)Then again, I had nothing else going on.
Within Shad0w.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks guys so much for the support and interest.  We spent 5 years developing the system, and it was originally made as something to play amongst friends.  We all wanted something more than a mere card game - a real mage battle.  It was later, after we have 2 dozen regular players, that we realized we had something we should market.

We really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions!

feedback

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »
Another question about the mangler caltrops. What if they are in a spawningpoint? Do creatures spawning there suffer the attack? Thanks!
“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never would.”

Paleblue

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 12:36:24 AM »
Quote from: "feedback666" post=8898
Another question about the mangler caltrops. What if they are in a spawningpoint? Do creatures spawning there suffer the attack? Thanks!

That's a good question. Would be fun to have caltrops and poison gas on there spawn point!