May 19, 2024, 04:55:03 PM

Author Topic: Nullify on a bound spell  (Read 3328 times)

Wolfswift

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Nullify on a bound spell
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »
So what happens if someone activates a Nullify on a bound spell, like an incantation bound to a Mage Wand? Would it destroy the bound spell, leaving the wand up to get a new spell, would it destroy the wand or would it not work at all?

lukard

Re: Nullify on a bound spell
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »
Take a look at the rule book pg21 under spellbinding for more information:

"(...)
If you use a bound incantation or attack spell, it is not discarded after casting. The Spellbind object retains the bound spell so you can use it over and over again in future game rounds. Also, if the spell is countered or canceled it is not discarded and remains bound.
(...)"

Answering your question: The spell is cancelled but it continues bound to your wand and you can use it again next round.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:07 AM »
Take a look at the rule book pg21 under spellbinding for more information:

"(...)
If you use a bound incantation or attack spell, it is not discarded after casting. The Spellbind object retains the bound spell so you can use it over and over again in future game rounds. Also, if the spell is countered or canceled it is not discarded and remains bound.
(...)"

Answering your question: The spell is cancelled but it continues bound to your wand and you can use it again next round.

Yup. This is also true for jinx. The spell does not return it stays bound.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Wolfswift

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 04:44:33 AM »
I guess that makes sense. I knew bound spells weren't discarded after use, I just wasn't sure how nullifying a bound spell would work... But I see now, thanks.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:16:14 AM »
NP
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage