May 19, 2024, 08:56:59 PM

Author Topic: Libro Mortuos-Deploy from Spellbook or Hand?  (Read 6064 times)

miketastic77

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Libro Mortuos-Deploy from Spellbook or Hand?
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »
When the Libro Mortuos is used, the card doesn't specifiy where the creature can come from.  So do you deploy from the initial 2 planning cards, or from the entire spellbook?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Libro Mortuos-Deploy from Spellbook or Hand?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 03:39:55 PM »
When the Libro Mortuos is used, the card doesn't specifiy where the creature can come from.  So do you deploy from the initial 2 planning cards, or from the entire spellbook?

I think the line of the card text "into your zone" (it is a piece of equipment attached to you) is very clear and concise....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 03:55:14 PM »
[mwcard=DNQ05]Libro Mortuos[/mwcard] is a spawnpoint, which from the codex is defined as an object with the ability to cast spells for you.

Also from the codex, "You select spells for your Spawnpoints during the Planning Phase, at the same time that you choose spells for your Mage to prepare (one additional spell for each Spawnpoint)". So basically you take an extra spell and place it by the Spawnpoint, in this case, Libro. Then, during your deployment phase you may cast that spell and ONLY that spell.

Hope that answers what you were asking.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

miketastic77

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:27:41 PM »
[mwcard=DNQ05]Libro Mortuos[/mwcard] is a spawnpoint, which from the codex is defined as an object with the ability to cast spells for you.

Also from the codex, "You select spells for your Spawnpoints during the Planning Phase, at the same time that you choose spells for your Mage to prepare (one additional spell for each Spawnpoint)". So basically you take an extra spell and place it by the Spawnpoint, in this case, Libro. Then, during your deployment phase you may cast that spell and ONLY that spell.

LordofWinter that explains it for me thanks! 

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 05:14:45 PM »

Hope that answers what you were asking.

Correct and worth a sticker 8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »
I know this sounds crazy, but can Libros be used with garrison post?  Here is my reasoning; equipment is attached to your Mage.  Now, your Mage is using the Libro to summon a soldier for itself.  Can it than be summoned to garrison post since it was cast by your Mage?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
I know this sounds crazy, but can Libros be used with garrison post?  Here is my reasoning; equipment is attached to your Mage.  Now, your Mage is using the Libro to summon a soldier for itself.  Can it than be summoned to garrison post since it was cast by your Mage?

Since Libro is not a War Spawnpoint the answer is no.

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »
Am I correct that the summoning of the soldier is still done by my Mage?  or  do I not understand equipment attachments on my Mage are controlled by my Mage?

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »
I am only looking for creative ways to combo cards and think outside of the box.  This string just sparked a thought, it may not be a good one, but I'm trying to come up with new things before the game gets mundane for me.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »
No once you have cast Libro it is now an object with the Spawnpoint trait. It is what (functionally) brings the creature into play.

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
No once you have cast Libro it is now an object with the Spawnpoint trait. It is what (functionally) brings the creature into play.
But to be explicit, (as per the card posted above), things summoned from spawnpoints can also go to the garrison post. RogRog: you might have missed this if you have an older set, as the garrison post card was updated (largely to let it work with barracks, but helping with Libro Mortus too!)

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
Thnx...  My vision was clouded, and couldn't see into the next zone.  I had a similar thought using Resurrection with outpost, and that works, since my Mage is casting the soldier from the discard pile and utilizing a mage wand.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
But to be explicit, (as per the card posted above), things summoned from spawnpoints can also go to the garrison post. RogRog: you might have missed this if you have an older set, as the garrison post card was updated (largely to let it work with barracks, but helping with Libro Mortus too!)

Libro Mortus can't spawn creature on Garrison Post because Libro is not a War Spawnpoint.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
As Sike and Wild stated
Libro Mortus can't spawn creature on Garrison Post because Libro is not a War Spawnpoint.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage