May 08, 2024, 06:51:26 PM

Author Topic: Couple of rules questions.  (Read 6763 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of rules questions.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 11:35:03 PM »
Each ability of Dispel Wand can be used once.

Yup so to do the same thing 2x in a round you need to swap it. 8) Still not currently a way to do that and get same abil due to only 1 qc marker. :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »
To be explicit, since there's a lot of comments passing around here: so far as I know, the only card that allows you to cast the same spell twice in a round is the Vinewhip Staff, with putting out Vine tokens.

However, that's because there's rules explicitly stating you can't, either with Spellbind or on the cards themselves.  Presumably, if another card came out that did not have that limitation, you would be able to do so.  A slightly modified version of this can be found on the Dispel Wand, which allows you to use each ability on the card once per turn, but not either ability twice in one turn.

Cards with attack bars are not limited to once per round though; if you can gain a way to make another attack in the same round (i.e., Defend, Retaliate) you can use the same weapon multiple times.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
To be explicit, since there's a lot of comments passing around here: so far as I know, the only card that allows you to cast the same spell twice in a round is the Vinewhip Staff, with putting out Vine tokens.

However, that's because there's rules explicitly stating you can't, either with Spellbind or on the cards themselves.  Presumably, if another card came out that did not have that limitation, you would be able to do so.  A slightly modified version of this can be found on the Dispel Wand, which allows you to use each ability on the card once per turn, but not either ability twice in one turn.

Cards with attack bars are not limited to once per round though; if you can gain a way to make another attack in the same round (i.e., Defend, Retaliate) you can use the same weapon multiple times.
Indy enjoy your sticker

Correct web did have a card that was not limited & not a full action to use you could use it 2x
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage