May 08, 2024, 06:58:38 PM

Author Topic: General Questions  (Read 3098 times)

alexw64

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
General Questions
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
hello fellow mages

i have recently received the game and a play tested it yesterday and i have a few questions that i can not seem to find the answers in the rule book. so here we go;

1)when a creature declares that it will guard this round (it is a full time action right?) it gains the counter strike attribute. now from what i understand is the creature can counter attack one attack from each creature  that attack it. Also the guard mark leaves at the start of the next round. Am i correct here?

2) staying at the same topic, in the rule book it states that the creature gains a free attack when countering. how many attack dice you role for this? is this predetermine as a house rule or is it a specific set of attacking dice?

3) the other question is regarding the trait flying. From what i understand, it can only be attacked by range attacks or from any creature that has the trait reach.Now when the flying creature attacks, if the opponent creature has a counter attack or damage barrier it affected by it but if the opponent creature has neither of the things i mention it just takes the damage and the game moves on?

4) The charge trait gains extra attack dice whenever the creature attacks or it only gains these extra dice when it moves and then uses an attack? I am asking this because  my Beastmaster tom cat look very powerful when attacking my opponent.

Thanks in advance to the people/mages that will clarify these things for me

See you in the Arena!!  :)

lettucemode

Re: General Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
1)when a creature declares that it will guard this round (it is a full time action right?) it gains the counter strike attribute. now from what i understand is the creature can counter attack one attack from each creature  that attack it. Also the guard mark leaves at the start of the next round. Am i correct here?

Guarding is a quick action.  As soon as a creature is attacked it loses its Guard marker. So it can only counterstrike the first creature that attacks it.

2) staying at the same topic, in the rule book it states that the creature gains a free attack when countering. how many attack dice you role for this? is this predetermine as a house rule or is it a specific set of attacking dice?

When a creature guards, its quick action, melee attacks gain the Counterstrike trait and can be used to counterstrike. So you would roll the number of dice listed in that attack and account for traits, buffs, etc.

3) the other question is regarding the trait flying. From what i understand, it can only be attacked by range attacks or from any creature that has the trait reach.Now when the flying creature attacks, if the opponent creature has a counter attack or damage barrier it affected by it but if the opponent creature has neither of the things i mention it just takes the damage and the game moves on?

Correct.

4) The charge trait gains extra attack dice whenever the creature attacks or it only gains these extra dice when it moves and then uses an attack? I am asking this because  my Beastmaster tom cat look very powerful when attacking my opponent.

It only gains the bonus from Charge when it moves into an adjacent square and then attacks.

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:14:48 AM by lettucemode »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »

Guarding is a quick action.  As soon as a creature is attacked it loses its Guard marker. So it can only counterstrike the first creature that attacks it.

When a creature guards, its quick action, melee attacks gain the Counterstrike trait and can be used to counterstrike. So you would roll the number of dice listed in that attack and account for traits, buffs, etc.

Correct.

It only gains the bonus from Charge when it moves into an adjacent square and then attacks.

Enjoy :)

1: Correct
2: Correct
3: Correct
4: Mostly Correct

It gains the bonus from Charge after the creature takes a move action and then makes a quick melee attack.

For example if a creature had Fast and Charge it could move 1 and attack getting the Charge bonus, it could move 2 and attack getting the Charge bonus.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

lettucemode

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »
1: Correct
2: Correct
3: Correct
4: Mostly Correct

It gains the bonus from Charge after the creature takes a move action and then makes a quick melee attack.

For example if a creature had Fast and Charge it could move 1 and attack getting the Charge bonus, it could move 2 and attack getting the Charge bonus.

So close to another banana sticker...and yet so far...

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
@Lettuce

My Lunch > Your Sticker  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »
Welcome to the game Alex!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

alexw64

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
thanks guys for the clarifications, i need more practice to get the full picture

enjoy the game fellow mages!! :)