May 01, 2024, 06:50:46 PM

Author Topic: Wrinkly Spellbook  (Read 6528 times)

Recon022

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Wrinkly Spellbook
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »
Hey all. Just got into this game and we are playing it for the first time tonight. I can't wait!

I was wondering however...my "red" spell book that came with the core set has an extremely wrinkled cover. It's pretty bad actually. The other spell book and the other two I got with the Forcemaster vs Warlord expansion all look great.

I'm not too bent up about it, but the spell book concept is one of the coolest aspects of the game. It's totally still usable, just looks like crap.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this experience, or it my "wrinkly spell book" rare enough to warrant a possible replacement from Arcane Wonders?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Wrinkly Spellbook
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »
If you contact customer service we can get you taken care of. It's actually a pretty simple fix, so don't worry we want you to have the best experience possible.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »
It is normal. It is due to making process and instant packaging. It will become flat over time. You can heat it with a hair dryer to accelerate the process if you want.

Recon022

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
If you contact customer service we can get you taken care of. It's actually a pretty simple fix, so don't worry we want you to have the best experience possible.

Great! I will do that! Thanks for the quick reply.

Recon022

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
It is normal. It is due to making process and instant packaging. It will become flat over time. You can heat it with a hair dryer to accelerate the process if you want.

I could see that working, but I'm not sure that will fix this one, it's really bad...but maybe I will give that a shot first.

AsianChexMix

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »

They aren't kidding about this. I remember my pre-order didn't have promos and they sent me a those and "a couple more". Yeah, they definitely do take care of you. If you do have any issues, I know they will resolve it so don't hesitate.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »
I recently bought a spellbook pack and one image was upside down. They sent me a replacement one in 2 days. Their customer service is top notch

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
Yeah I just wanna voice my approval of the way Arcane Wonders handles things like this. We had some expansions come missing cards once and they mailed them to us immediately. Amazing service.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Recon022

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
I got my nice new non-wrinkly spell book, and it looks great! You guys are right, definitely top notch customer service!

Recon022

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
Oh, and they threw in a couple alternate art Mage cards as well...WAY cool

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
makes me wanna live in the US and have a wrinled spellbook :C  - can you post them?
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 12:19:18 AM »
I must also confirm, that customer service of arcane wonders are among the best of all companies that i ever met. Not just gaming industry, but from all of them. :)

When i bought my core set, one package of card were "glued" or "sticky" and when separeting tham, that stickiness damaged a little picture part of a card. Despite the fact, that i live in middle europe, which is somewhere between middle earth and land of OZ, i recieved my cards under week. My guess is that they used some kind of messenger bird, probably "sky hunter" because of the speed i get them :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Recon022

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
makes me wanna live in the US and have a wrinled spellbook :C  - can you post them?

Here is one of them : )
Pretty cool

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1956881/mage-wars-warlock-alternate-art-promo-card

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
Here is one of them : )
Pretty cool

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1956881/mage-wars-warlock-alternate-art-promo-card

I really hope they decide to add these to the promo packs that are going to be available to purchase. One alternate mage art per pack would be awesome. Would be a good way to help those packs sell more too.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 04:31:51 PM »
I was hoping they would release an alternate art promo pack that contained all of em. Though now that some mages have an alternate art I would want all future mages to as well which could be a headache from a collectors standpoint.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!