5 (15.2%)
Necromancer
6 (18.2%)
Adramelech Warlock
3 (9.1%)
Anvil Throne Warlord
2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Help me build a spellbook for my next video PART 1  (Read 5576 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Help me build a spellbook for my next video PART 1
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:08:39 PM »
Okay guys. If you don't already know, I've started recording Mage Wars videos and put them on my YouTube channel. So far we have done two matches;

1) Adramelech Warlock vs Anvil Throne Warlord

and

2) Priestess vs Adramelech Warlock

I am planning on recording the next video soon (hopefully) but wanted to see what Mages/strategies/spells the community wanted me to use. Yes, I'm stealing Laddin's idea a bit but it was such a great idea I thought I'd give it a go as well.

So feel free to comment your opinions about what we should use. Or we could just pick randomly, but that's not as fun as getting the community involved :)

*edit* - Added poll!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:28:16 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I want to see steal vs. plants  :D

Great idea by the way. You improved the idea as you are planning to make a video out of the input.  ;)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
I'd like to see a Priest vs a Wizard :)
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

AsianChexMix

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Can't wait for it! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Druid, Necromancer... something really swarmy with lots of action and many creatures dying :3
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
Okay so I realize that the poll is only going to show the two Mages being voted for most, which isn't going to necessarily going to be the matchup people want.

For example, three different people might vote for Necro vs 3 different Mages, but all the poll is going to tell me is that 3 people voted for Necro and one for the other three. Then if the same thing happens with, lets say the Warlord, it makes it seem like people want Necro vs Warlord even though that might not be the case.

& I don't want to edit the poll to have every single possible matchup because that would be obnoxious. SO, that being said, there are two options I would like to propose. 1) I edit the poll to have a couple of matchups I think are interesting and then you guys vote amongst those, or 2) Keep voting as it, but also post the matchup you want to see
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

lukard

Re: Help me build a spellbook for my next video PART 1
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »
Necromancer Vs Adramelech Warlock
\m/

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:31:52 PM »
Wizard vs necro pls

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »
Necromancer seems to be a consensus among many, so he will definitely be one.

But who shall rise up and challenge him? We've had suggestions for a Druid, new Warlock, and a Wizard. The people at BGG have been voting mostly for the Druid, so that's what I'm leaning towards so far unless you guys want something else. I think it's a pretty good (although somewhat typical) matchup.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:35 AM »
If it is the necro, i want to see him fight against the new warlock.

Fire vs. Zombies. Let the dead burn.

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 06:52:05 AM »
Im interested in seeing something like Johktari vs Wizard or something. To me at least, she seems like the weakest to play with and I think it would be pretty cool to see her go toe to toe with one of the top mages and put up a good fight, depending on how she is built.

Every mage is good if you play them correctly and I have yet to do that for her  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
Im interested in seeing something like Johktari vs Wizard or something. To me at least, she seems like the weakest to play with and I think it would be pretty cool to see her go toe to toe with one of the top mages and put up a good fight, depending on how she is built.

Every mage is good if you play them correctly and I have yet to do that for her  ;D

i second that DoA...i 'd love to see a so called "weaker" mage, work hard ! and i guess the johkrari BM is being neglected a bit so..make her work please ! i would find any opponent fine though...i find the poll a good idea Lord of winter..keep up the good work with them vids !  i sure like the work from arcane duels too..but the arena is my favorite ! i recently saw a vid from "the final cast" , and that wasn't bad either...the more mw duels on youtube, the better !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
Yes! Please deliver content, I am going nuts for it - I probalby saw every Mage Wars Video on the internet at least twice :D
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 02:28:58 AM »
I agree, I want to see the Johktari Beastmaster beat the living daylights out of the necromancer. It'll be pretty hard to pull of but it won't happen unless we get that matchup!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster