May 16, 2024, 09:32:37 PM

Author Topic: battle forge and change spells in wands  (Read 3078 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
battle forge and change spells in wands
« on: April 11, 2013, 05:24:51 AM »
Hello buddies!!!, in my last game (the secondth) a friend of mine told me that you can spend mana from battle forge to chage the spell of the wand, this is true? i didn´t find anything...

If this its true, can i use its mana to use molocks torment? thanks to everybody!!!

Master Ruprecht

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: battle forge and change spells in wands
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 06:40:10 AM »
hey isel.
Your friend is wrong, you can use the forge only to cast new equipment spells, not to pay some "after-effects" like  changing a bound spell or use an effect like the torment's.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »
Master with the quick banana sticker to start off the day
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:52:29 AM »
If you put two Mage Wands in your spellbook you can simulate the effect of changing spells on a single wand with a Battleforge enchanted with a Harmonize.

Say you have your first wand in play with a Force Push spellbound and in the upkeep phase you decide that you want a wand with Teleport bound to it. You could place your second Mage Wand on Battleforge when you select your spells for the round, then cast it during the deploy phase paying 3 mana from your mage (the same cost to change a bound spell) with a Teleport spellbound to it. This is actually superior to changing a bound spell the conventional way because you use the action of the Battleforge saving both of your mages actions for later in the turn.

I hope this doesn't confuse the issue.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:52:57 AM »
Quote from: "Tacullu64" post=10792
If you put two Mage Wands in your spellbook you can simulate the effect of changing spells on a single wand with a Battleforge enchanted with a Harmonize.

Say you have your first wand in play with a Force Push spellbound and in the upkeep phase you decide that you want a wand with Teleport bound to it. You could place your second Mage Wand on Battleforge when you select your spells for the round, then cast it during the deploy phase paying 3 mana from your mage (the same cost to change a bound spell) with a Teleport spellbound to it. This is actually superior to changing a bound spell the conventional way because you use the action of the Battleforge saving both of your mages actions for later in the turn.

I hope this doesn't confuse the issue.

iF I Understand this well, then the first wand go´ll to my book and the new to my mage, isn´t it? Sorry for my poor english buddies.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
Correct, the first wand and the Force Push would be returned to your spellbook.

This isn't very efficient in and of itself. If you have enough other equipment to cast with the Battleforge and make it worthwhile this is just icing on the cake.

Your English is fine. I have no problems understanding you.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:36 AM »
Tac got a sticker for this. sorry for the delay
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage