May 02, 2024, 11:54:49 PM

Author Topic: Mind Control + Steal Enchantment  (Read 2419 times)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Mind Control + Steal Enchantment
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
In a game between two Forcemasters, what happens when I try to cast Steal Enchantment on my opponent's face up Mind Control which is on a creature I own?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control + Steal Enchantment
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:16:03 PM »
I believe you would just have ownership of the creature, as if you had cast a mind control on it yourself.

Mind Control, as per its last line, cannot be moved to a new target so it cant leave its current "host" so to speak.  But since you're both Forcemasters (or any Mind Mage for the purpose of MC) you are legally allowed to control the enchantment

so, steal grants you control of Mind Control which grants you control of the attached creature, which was yours originally.   This would also prevent the opponent from playing Mind Control on him again, since he cannot have 2 copies of the same spell attached.

I *think* thats how it would play out.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control + Steal Enchantment
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
I believe you would just have ownership of the creature, as if you had cast a mind control on it yourself.

Mind Control, as per its last line, cannot be moved to a new target so it cant leave its current "host" so to speak.  But since you're both Forcemasters (or any Mind Mage for the purpose of MC) you are legally allowed to control the enchantment

so, steal grants you control of Mind Control which grants you control of the attached creature, which was yours originally.   This would also prevent the opponent from playing Mind Control on him again, since he cannot have 2 copies of the same spell attached.

I *think* thats how it would play out.

Yes that is correct baron. Then the next upkeep you chose not to pay for MC and get your creature back even though it is currently in your control anyway.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage