May 06, 2024, 07:51:32 AM

Author Topic: International Convocation of Mages (roleplaying thread)  (Read 1632 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
International Convocation of Mages (roleplaying thread)
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:25:51 AM »
Narration and actions/stage directions

Name: Regular speech. This is how you write a character you own and control talking. You can steal non-mage characters with mind control, but don't do this often or for too long since other players don't like losing their hard created characters. General rule of thumb, if they cast a second dispel on the mind control attached to a stolen character, LET IT RESOLVE.
The air is filled with tension as mages and their allies from all over the world come to the arena, not (necessarily) to fight, but to socialize and have a good time (as well as to gather intel on their enemies. There are lots of tables, including a buffet table at the back, which has a rather long line. There is also a really long line for beverages, including punch, a drink made of some strange, unknown red fruit. While the drink is popular, many eye it warily, for it has been spiked--many times.

Priestesses periodically check the bowl of punch for contaminants, often casting Purify to cleanse it. As much as they normally would be okay with letting people drink, an enormous arena filled with some of the strongest mages in the world, who are also druink, could very well be an extinction event waiting to happen. That of course is exactly why warlocks and necromancers have made it their mission in life to sneak some alcohol in past the holy punch ladies.

At the center of the arena there is a stage, and there is currently one person standing on it. Several others are glaring at him because they wish they could be the one's up there. Even though they were drawing straws TO decide who would get to speak, and agreed to decide who would get to speak based on that/i], that didn't change their jealousy and resentment.

Greneien: Attention! Thank you all for coming here tonight. My name is Greneien Eelee, and I am a wizard of Sortilege. This event is meant to raise funding to support the reinstitution of the Mage Wars. There is food on the bufett table, and there will be dancing later, after which there will be some other party games. Enjoy!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.