Mage Wars > Player Feedback and Suggestions

Official proxy cards

(1/3) > >>

stadi:
I'm pretty sure even after buying the spell tome expansion there will be a shortage of some cards. What if both players want to have 6-6 of the same 1st level spell in their spellbooks?

It would be a good idea if you'd produce a deck of cards (at least twenty but maybe up to 60) with the same back as the others but with a surface where you can write on with a special wipable pen.

Klaxas:
interesting idea. although even if they dont, unofficial proxies wouldnt hurt the game too bad as there is no shuffling so the cibsustancy doesnt matter as much.  except maybe for enchantments

stadi:
It matters because the other player will see that you've selected a proxy card (I don't sleeve cards, so colored-back sleeves is not an option for me) and even that might give them clues.

Klaxas:
ahhh i see your problem.  i usually use clear sleeves so i would put a normal card in with a printed copy of the proxy slid into the sleeve.  hmmm.  well it would be interesting if they did make dry erase cards to make up proxies or even for custom events and such.  lots of flexability if they offered this

Dragkin:
Eh, official proxies I think would hurt the business model more so than anything. If they have certain cards to download online for playing then people wouldn't really buy some of the sets. With that said, unofficial proxies that you make would work out well to be playing with your friends.

I'd really recommend that if you play with proxies use sleeves. Its cleaner and allows you to do anything you want without showing off anything. Another thing you can do is that both players could re-use a certain level 1 card 3 times or something, and having a counter of some sort to determine how many times its been played. Sure it gives them an idea of how many times you've done it, but you wouldn't need a proxy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version