May 08, 2024, 01:34:46 PM

Author Topic: Not a single podcast...  (Read 5723 times)

xJEDIx

Not a single podcast...
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »
...is being made for this game!
Why is that? A game with such success doesn't have a single dedicated podcast.

Games like Android: Netrunner that came out in the same year have several dedicated podcasts and a tactically rich game like Mage Wars failed to attract media promotion and tactical discussion through podcast or Youtube channels?! Strange...

I really loved the opening moves videos made by Mike, but then he stopped making them and no one carried the torch.

Gizzu

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Not a single podcast...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »
Try here...

http://it.twitch.tv/charmyna/c/2797058

Charmyna is a very good & kind player. He has done many videos so far, and i hope he'll continue his amazing work!  8)

CYA,
G.

xJEDIx

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
Thanks Gizzu!  :)

avalanche

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:27:35 PM »
I was actually thinking about this today I know I would love to listen to a podcast about Mage Wars.  Hopefully one will pop up soon.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
I've been working on a cast of sorts.. our area happens to have 3-4 play testers right in the same vicinity.

So I've been trying to get a somewhat routine time we can get together and talk shop, see how far behind the scenes we can get away with before NDA issues come up, do set reviews and just talk on.

Had shot the first episode, but had some formatting issues and needs a reshoot… going to try to get it going soon if everyones schedules will work out.

So, that might happen with a little luck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:10:04 PM by baronzaltor »

xJEDIx

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »
Nice news  baronzaltor, hope that works out for the best! :)

This game really needs a podcast. I'm really shocked why it didn't has one already.

Sylex

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Nobody sees the Wizard! Not nobody, not no how!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 12:54:26 AM »
I agree. I would gladly subscribe to a decent podcast for Mage Wars. Best of luck getting that up, and running. Charmyna has done a very nice job, and I especially appreciated his OCTGN tutorial as it is probably the best and most thorough one I have seen. Helped me tremendously when I first started playing on OCTGN. Don't feel like other players are waiting on me to figure out what I'm doing, and that's a nice comfort to have.

biotech66

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 08:46:01 PM »
I'm in for throwing into a cast.  Any good game that wants to grow, NEEDS a podcast!

I also miss the videos that Arcane Wonders used to put out.

sergiopernas

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:39 AM »
Me too! I've been on a podcasting spree lately, and I really don't want to hear another general rules review ;)
I'll subscribe to that podcast from day one, even KS it a bit!

patrickconnor

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback folks! We are currently in the process of getting an official Mage Wars podcast going and your input is greatly appreciated.

As we move forward, if you have thoughts or ideas for the content and production of the series, please send them to patrickconnor@arcanewonders.com.

Thanks again! And we will see you in the Arena!

avalanche

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »
Is there any update on that official Mage Wars podcast?  I am really excited for it!

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »
Any updates about this? Are either of these still in the works? Meaning the official one by AW or the one Baron was talking about, or any others? I was gonna start one if one hasn't already been made. Don't have the best audio equipment and certainly am not the best player in the world, but it would be good to have some kind of podcast going.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 02:29:37 PM »
Any updates about this? Are either of these still in the works? Meaning the official one by AW or the one Baron was talking about, or any others? I was gonna start one if one hasn't already been made. Don't have the best audio equipment and certainly am not the best player in the world, but it would be good to have some kind of podcast going.

First of all, If you're interested in starting your own podcast, then I would love to hear it! To quote the former poet laureate of the United States:
“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

So my first point is go out there and make an amazing podcast! Second, several of the podcasts that we were aware of are still in the pipeline, but they've had some issues come up and slow their process down. Now, we may have another option coming up. Then minute something is posted then I'll let you all know!