May 14, 2024, 04:58:57 PM

Author Topic: NE Ohio - Mage Wars League Tournament Play  (Read 9176 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
NE Ohio - Mage Wars League Tournament Play
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
Once the league is up an running we will be hosting it at Diversions in Newbury. Diversions has been part of the
Mage Wars Beta program since the winter of 2011. About 6 of our core play-testers have been listed as lead play-testers in the MW rules book.

If your from the NE Ohio region add your store info here with a brief description.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: NE Ohio - Mage Wars League Tournament Play
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:21 AM »
League kits on order.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:49 AM »
I talked to Dan over at Great Lakes Game Emporium and he had learned of MW form one of the NE Ohio Gaming clubs.

Dan and I have known each other for about 10+ years when he found out I was part of the MW he was wondering if I would come in and show off MW. Dan likes the game and wants to get something going at his store.

For those interested in doing a league at Diversions or Great Lakes Game Emporium please post here.

ThomasCannon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »
I would be interested in playing at the game Emporium, and I am fairly certain i could get an additional player or more. What night(s) would you be thinking about running this?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »
Dan ask if I could do it on Fri Sat or Sun. I may be up this weekend to do some learn to play MW. If I can make it it would be Sat or Sun. Check the FB page

ThomasCannon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:39 PM »
Oops, i meant my group is looking for league play

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
The next league kit will be shipping in the next few weeks.

PS: I know you were talking about league we just need to get more players that is why I was going to do the learn to play

greatlakesge

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:02:14 PM »
Hey this is Dan at Great Lakes Game Emporium, we are looking to start league play very soon.  We would like to get a few more people interested in the game through teaching events.  We plan to hold a few teaching/demo events sometime in March, then we would like to get a league going shortly after that.  I will update here with full details once we make them official.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
On Sunday March 10th I should be at GLGE and Diversions for a while doing some MW stuff. Since GLGE is 15 minutes from my house that will be my first stop.

The first Demo / learn to play MW at GLGE should be soon I just have to work out the final details with Dan. For those closer to Diversions if you post I the FB page I can bring my stuff on most weekends.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »
Demo / Learn to Play MW at GLGE will be March 16, 17, 23, and 24th. The new league kit should be out in early April so that is when the next league will start up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
The first weekend is over. We have 1 copy sold and about 10 other people who want to play a few more games but they do seem to be into MW.

For the league I will be lending out copies of the books from the rule book if somebody would like to play and does not have a spell book. I will also have 1-3 of my books that I need to test for the summer con season.

When Dan and I talked he was planning on giving away a copy of the FM vs War set during the first league day.

If anybody want to start a league at Diversions please let me know and we can get it setup.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
5 copies sold this week at GLGE and 2 form Diversions so it looks like the league will be shaping up. Remember March 23rd and 24th will be the next two learn to play MW and open MW play at GLGE. I will be on site from 1230 till at least 430pm at GLGE and the headed over to Diversions.

Xanthos

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 06:34:17 AM »
I just read this post late on March 24. I'll try to make it out to one of the stores some time this week to find out when the league will start.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »
No problem I will be on call for the next 2 weeks and the kit should ship in early April

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
Well here are some updates.

Empire Game Center
Had the MW league posted for 7pm Thursdays.
Great Lake Game Emporium
Has a MW league interest sheet so we can figure out what day will be best.
Diversions
Open gaming nights are Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun. Just let CJ know that you want to do a MW league and what day would be best.