May 12, 2024, 03:37:37 AM

Author Topic: Return on Investment, a concept...  (Read 12489 times)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Return on Investment, a concept...
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »
Ease up, there. Allcaps are cruse control for cool, but you still have to steer.

Also, if you're gonna necro a thread from 2013, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the topic.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 06:20:40 PM »

Allcaps are cruse control for cool...

They are? I thought they were just the online version of shouting.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 01:57:44 AM »
Or a proof, that you have a cat walking on your keyboard :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 02:02:01 AM »
They are? I thought they were just the online version of shouting.
They are. Xilos is just over-excited. IIRC, he's like twelve years old, so I'm somewhat sympathetic.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 07:05:53 AM »
I, too, was once twelve, and in desperate need of validation. Middle school was really hard for me. :(

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
Maybe, but otherwise that does sound a tad condescending to twelve year olds. You do realize that he can read what we're saying right? Saying "He only did that because he's twelve" might look to us like giving him the benefit of the doubt for doing something that would otherwise be seen as annoying and a bit embarrassing for him, but to a twelve year old I'm guessing it probably looks more like "hey look at this silly immature thing that kid did it's so typical for his age let's all share in a benevolent eye roll and a good hearted laugh." Of course I could be wrong, it's just how I probably felt about it when people said things like that when I was twelve.

Do most twelve year olds shout that often? I'm pretty sure that most of the times I've shouted in my life have been because of anxiety attacks, not excitement. Excitement alone might often have made me too loud, but not enough to type in all caps for a whole paragraph. Then again I have written some VERY long and overly enthusiastic reviews for online novels I've liked, but I only stopped doing that in the past couple years...
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »
Saying "He only did that because he's twelve" might look to us like giving him the benefit of the doubt for doing something that would otherwise be seen as annoying and a bit embarrassing for him, but to a twelve year old I'm guessing it probably looks more like "hey look at this silly immature thing that kid did it's so typical for his age let's all share in a benevolent eye roll and a good hearted laugh."

Previous, more gentle, responses have been unsuccessful. If you'd like to talk more about this, please PM or email me.