May 05, 2024, 05:14:20 PM

Author Topic: AWESOME prize system I just thought of.  (Read 2154 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
AWESOME prize system I just thought of.
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:32:28 PM »
So, 1st place gets a gold-framed one-of-a-kind Mage Wars artwork, second place gets a silver-framed one-of-a-kind mage wars artwork, and third place gets a bronze-framed one-of-a-kind Mage Wars artwork. 4th through 6th place win a medal (none of this would actually be made of metal of course). The medal would be Blue for 4th, Red for 5th, and Green for 6th. All participants would get a promo card.

What do you think? Doesn't that sound like an awesome prize system? What I like about this potential prize system is that the prizes are very valuable to Mage Wars fans, but since it's for the most part only valuable to mage wars fans, it is not likely to contribute to cheating or bad sportsmanship. The last thing we want is for people to be making their living off of playing mage wars, since then they will likely attempt to cheat so they can afford their groceries.

I'm thinking that the frames for the unique Mage Wars art would have the name and date of the event they were won in painted onto or inscribed onto them. Or the art itself would have that on it.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: AWESOME prize system I just thought of.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »
Those would be neat prizes for convention tournaments. Don't know how it'd work for say a local gaming stores weekly events but then I guess that's what a league is for. Overall I like the idea. Of course tiny statues of the various Mages would also be cool.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.