May 06, 2024, 02:45:08 PM

Author Topic: Resplendent Bow  (Read 3297 times)

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Resplendent Bow
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:46 AM »
Love this new bow, but am curious. Card says mage can use the bow to "attack" friendly creature and heal with 2 attack dice, which is the bow's standard attack. However, if using in Arena (and the Mage is greater than level 5), mage adds 1 die to attack making attack dice 3. Does this extra die count when healing friendly creatures, or does it remain 2 dice to heal when using level 6 mage?

I'm assuming it does heal just the two dice since the card is specific, but would like to clarify.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Resplendent Bow
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:34:49 AM »
A quick search using the incorrectly spelled name of the card (which is why it helps everyone when we use proper spelling!  Thank you for your use of the correct name, Ravepig!):

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16911.msg70777#msg70777

For those in the future who spell correctly or for those who are chronically lazy today:

The bow always rolls only 2 dice when healing.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:17 PM »
A quick search using the incorrectly spelled name of the card (which is why it helps everyone when we use proper spelling!  Thank you for your use of the correct name, Ravepig!):

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16911.msg70777#msg70777

For those in the future who spell correctly or for those who are chronically lazy today:

Thank you for the link- also understand now why the prior conversation didn't come up when I did a quick search (due to the spelling). Well, I'm not always a great speller- think I got lucky on this one!  :)

Even with the 2 dice of healing, still think this is a great bow to give my Priest in Arena!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »

Please accept my apologies for being a crappy speller. I assure you, however, that I am not chronically lazy....
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
As a chronic poor speller, I'm with you Dave. We know you're not chronically lazy.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:25 PM »
As i am chronically lazy, i envy yours chronic poor speling :)

Resplendent Bow for priest is awesome. Thanks to 0-1 range, you can ignore guards (without intercept) and if combined with Basilica of Malakai, Hawk Eye and Dawnbreakers Ring, you can achieve nice ammount of damage... and burns :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )