May 04, 2024, 12:33:23 PM

Author Topic: Flying out of quicksand?  (Read 2479 times)

Paleblue

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Flying out of quicksand?
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:32:50 PM »
An issue came up the other day when we where playing the new expansion, can a creature who is trapped in quicksand gain flying and therefore the quicksand is removed? The restrained keyword states that a creature who has flight loses it as long as they are within quicksand, I was inclined to think that even if it gained flying it would be still stuck because the restraint was an on going effect.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Flying out of quicksand?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35:46 PM »
I believe part of "restrained" as a condition is that the creature cannot gain or re-gain flying.  But I could be off.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
Restrained removes flying and prevents flying. Since quicksand can only be played on a non-flying creature, you have to use a Knockdown or something to land the quicksand - but once it is on, the creature is stuck.

Paleblue

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
Quote from: "piousflea" post=8001
Restrained removes flying and prevents flying. Since quicksand can only be played on a non-flying creature, you have to use a Knockdown or something to land the quicksand - but once it is on, the creature is stuck.

Thanks mate, I figured that was the case.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 10:17:03 AM »
Quote from: "piousflea" post=8001

Pious gets the gold star.  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage