May 11, 2024, 10:17:00 PM

Author Topic: Mordok's Obelisk  (Read 3566 times)

Eiskoenigin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mordok's Obelisk
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
Does Mordok's Obelisk effect all non-Mage creatures in the arena or just the non-Mage creatures in its zone?

DJoeyK

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mordok's Obelisk
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:37:41 PM »
I always assumed it would be every non-mage creature in the entire arena. As far as I remember, every spell that effects a specific zone is either an attack that targets a zone, or says so specifically in the card text (eg: Mohktari, Great Tree of Life)

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
It effects all non-Mage creatures. If it was limited to a zone or a limited range the spell would indicate that.

As noted, spells like Mohktari, Great Tree of Life specify a limit to the effect of the conjuration. Mordok's Obelisk lists no such limitation.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Eiskoenigin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
Thanks guys.  :)
 I was pretty sure that the Obelisk effects all Non-mage creatures in the arena, actually - but it seemed to be a little too powerful. It hampers the beastmaster, doesn't it?

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:51:17 PM »
Page 20 of the rule book.

"Unless the card says otherwise, conjurations affect the entire game board, regardless of the range."

Thanks guys.  
I was pretty sure that the Obelisk effects all Non-mage creatures in the arena, actually - but it seemed to be a little too powerful. It hampers the beastmaster, doesn't it?

Only if the Beastmaster is playing a swarm strategy, which is not his only option, but normally yes it helps against the Beastmaster.
Also remember that the Obelisk will affect the caster's creatures as well, not just his opponent's.