May 20, 2024, 10:39:48 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Blog  (Read 3278 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Blog
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:39:28 PM »
Hello all. So I've started a blog dedicated only to Mage Wars. It's slightly bare-bones right now but it's a work in progress. My goal with it is to provide a place where both new and experienced players can go to find strategy articles, news about mage wars (card spoilers, upcoming expansions, etc), event reports, different spellbooks, and other stuff.

For new players, hopefully it will be another place where they can go to pick up tips and advice on how to get better at the game and ask any questions they may have.

For experienced players, hopefully I can provide some insight as well. I'm not saying I'm the best Mage Wars player out there, far from it really, but I am in love with the game and felt like it needed a dedicated blog that gets updated pretty frequently.

If anybody wants to write any articles about strategy or spellbooks or anything like that, I would be glad to post them. The more info there is, the better.

I'm also trying to start a podcast, but I don't have very good audio equipment at the moment, so that might take a little while longer.

The blog is here http://magewars.weebly.com/.

Any feedback is very welcome. Feel free to post it here or submit it through the form on the first page of the blog. Like I said, it's pretty bare-bones right now. I just made it today, so I don't have too many posts on there yet. I've got a couple posts under "General Discussion" which are more meant for new players, have one post under "News" concerning the Harshforge Monolith, and have a post under "Questions for the Readers".

Whenever new spells are spoiled, I'll be posting them and what I think about them, along with any combos and stuff that I think it would be good with.

The current question is, what is your favorite Mage, and why? Leave your answers in the comments on the page!

I haven't seen any blogs out there dedicated to Mage Wars, so I thought it was time there was one. Please let me know what I can do to make it better!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:55:03 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 12:22:00 AM »
Cool blog Winter. I commented on your question.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:38 AM »
This looks awesome! I'm really glad to see someone doing this.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 05:26:35 AM »
Cool! :)

Every additional MW source of wisdom and knowledge is always moste welcomed!

:)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

klaymen

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:11 AM »
Nice blog!
Bookmarked.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:22:33 AM »
Well done. This is great. Thanks.

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »
Nice stuff!  Like the Priestess discussion you have up there already, love her!
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 08:36:39 AM »
Nice stuff!  Like the Priestess discussion you have up there already, love her!

Thanks Tox :) I'll be posting a in-depth strategy article on her in the upcoming weeks. I would be glad to hear any suggestions you have on making the blog better though! Any advice from you would be greatly appreciated!
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:17:19 PM »
A general discussion article taking a quick look at the Beastmaster has been posted by guest writer DeathFromAbove, a buddy of mine.

It can be found  -->Here<--.

Now I know this won't be very informative for experienced players of the game. The general discussion posts are going to be mainly focused on introduction topics to help new players pick up tips and advice.

The heavy strategy-based stuff and news reports will be coming in the near future.  I am curious though, what type of things would you all like to see on the blog? I'm always open for suggestions!